Author Topic: More Horrible Remakes  (Read 372 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
More Horrible Remakes
« on: June 27, 2019, 08:47:05 PM »

Charlie's Angels - I forgot they were doing this. I enjoyed the stupid yet fun vibe of the 2000s version. The actresses were cool and they had a good supporting cast.. even if Bill Murray hated working with Lucy Liu. This new version though looks absolutely horrible.. I mean not even rainy sunday let's throw it on bad. The girls are all equally lifeless.. when Kristen Stewart is your lead you are FUCKED.

Look for this one to open right under projections then bomb out quickly.

Midway - Does this count as a remake? It probably has nothing to do with the 1976 version other than the event it's portraying. Obviously it doesn't have the same level of cast.. Instead of Charlton Heston we have Woody Harrelson? We at least we've got CGI now so we can update the original which had to rely on a few surviving WWII planes and stock footage.. Oh wait no we used a Playstation 3 to generate the fight sequences. I mean really the CGI is this look Terrible.  So bad I thought maybe this was a low-mid level budget project that's going to get a small release.. but no, it cost $100 million.

This will also probably underperform and probably lose money.

Good going Hollywood!

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: More Horrible Remakes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
I actually liked this trailer and want to see Midway. Have to check out the older flick. Looked ok on my phone. And who is today's Heston equivilent? I really like Harrelsonn, who would you cast? He's come along way since Woody.
Games Owned: Countdown, Gilligan's Island, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 11:40:55 AM »
Midway should be a Direct to TV or Cable Movie... Not sure its Movie Theater Level?

yeah, CA is a joke, horrible remake idea.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
I actually liked this trailer and want to see Midway. Have to check out the older flick. Looked ok on my phone. And who is today's Heston equivilent? I really like Harrelsonn, who would you cast? He's come along way since Woody.

The '76 Midway is legit, good movie. Worth checking out.

Best to double-feature it with Tora! Tora! Tora! first.

The 70s had some good war movies.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:08:03 AM »
Charlie's Angels - I forgot they were doing this. I enjoyed the stupid yet fun vibe of the 2000s version. The actresses were cool and they had a good supporting cast.. even if Bill Murray hated working with Lucy Liu. This new version though looks absolutely horrible.. I mean not even rainy sunday let's throw it on bad. The girls are all equally lifeless.. when Kristen Stewart is your lead you are FUCKED.

Look for this one to open right under projections then bomb out quickly.

Sony's Charlie's Angels, however, isn't living up even to the most modest of pre-weekend expectations, bringing in just $3.15 million on Friday, looking at a three-day weekend around $8 million. The film received a "B+" CinemaScore from opening day audiences.

OMG I'm psychic!

I wonder if Kristin Stewart will blame Homophobia for this as well?

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »
The '76 Midway is legit, good movie. Worth checking out.

Best to double-feature it with Tora! Tora! Tora! first.

The 70s had some good war movies.

Yes it did, like The Final Countdown!   ;D  It’s the often forgotten second movie in this trilogy.