Author Topic: Scooby Doo gets Murdered  (Read 310 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Scooby Doo gets Murdered
« on: November 11, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »

I'm convinced these kids movies are being auto-generated by marketing computers. I just don't want to believe humans were responsible for this.

I guess Freddie Prince Jr isn't in it.. so it's got that going for it.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Scooby Doo gets Murdered
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:29:01 PM »
Yes, this looks like utter garbage.

I can't be upset about it thought, because Scooby Doo has always sucked. There has never been a "good version" of Scooby Doo. There's nothing here to ruin.
For that matter the Scooby Doo clone cartoon "Clue Club" was actually slightly better than Scooby Doo.

Scooby Doo falls into that category of things that are fondly remembered because there was nothing else on TV. Like the Speed Racer cartoon. It's this or the farm report, guess I'll watch this.

As for computer-generated "entertainment" though; I think that is already happening. I'm sure you've seen some of the computer-written "articles" on various subjects, many of them start off sort-of comprehensible but devolve into gibberish and word-salad. They exist to game search-engines and direct traffic to the site for clicks and ad-views, based on the article containing whatever word or phrase you searched for.

On YouTube there's a whole underground world of animated kids videos that are similar. They seem to be computer generated, computer scripted - other than whoever wrote the program there's no one involved. Really young kids can't tell the difference though, and plenty of parents are happy to shut them up with an iPad. It's not like the Tellitubbies and similar weren't gibberish too.

I do wonder what's going to happen to kids who consume a ton of that stuff from ages 0 to 10 will turn out like though; will they speak in nonsense? I mean it's not even consistent nonsense from one video to the next.

Some of these channels have millions of subscribers and millions of views too; much of it also faked for revenue. Computers producing "content" to be consumed by other computers. Brave new world.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:32:23 PM by Niloc »

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
I liked Scooby Do... I hated the all the movies, this doesn't look all that bad..  probably better than Terminator
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 03:21:31 PM »
Just be glad it's not as bad as Clutch Cargo was ....
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 04:07:16 PM »
Just be glad it's not as bad as Clutch Cargo was ....

OMG that is horrid
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:42:12 PM »
It's time for Hadji and Jonny Quest! 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 06:27:40 AM »
Wonder why a Johnny Quest movie was never made? Seems a really good series to go off of, loved it as a kid. Never liked Scooby cartoons at all, but strangely like the movies. Wouldn't  watch this new thing even for free.
Games Owned: Countdown, Gilligan's Island, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
Wonder why a Johnny Quest movie was never made?

Seems like they missed the window of nostalgia for that one, and it's too late now.

Have you seen The Venture Bros. though? It definitely takes influence from Johnny Quest. They eventually even introduce an "Action Johnny" character.