Author Topic: What we left behind -- The DS9 Documentary  (Read 100 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
What we left behind -- The DS9 Documentary
« on: November 10, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »

You probably heard about this Deep Space Nine documentary a while ago. I didn't really know what to expect.. there's some many of these type of things being made these days (there's one coming out for Galaxy Quest as well). However this one is really really good. It has the original show runners behind it so everything is really well done.

They manage to get the entire cast back together and go through the series. They don't pull any punches which is nice. Production values are top notch and there's a really nifty gimmick where they have the original writers brainstorm a DS9: Season 8.

Also man the actor who played Rom (who recently passed away) looked absolutely terrible here. I guess he had Kidney Failure? Sad.

Anyway if you had even a passing interested in DS9 this is worth a viewing.. even if they don't touch on the similarities between their show and Babylon 5 lol.

Oh Trigger warning - this did piss me off.. as it reminded me how good star trek was. Who wouldn't be excited about DS9 level trek again? I know I would.. but alas all we have is whatever garbage Discovery is. What a shame.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: What we left behind -- The DS9 Documentary
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
Sounds good, downloading it now.

Online WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:55:38 PM »
I loved this show. The remarks in the preview about it being about the inside vs the outside are spot on.

This is one of the few shows that I will pick up periodically and watch again from start to finish.
How many points is "TILT"?

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:14:39 PM »
Looks great, any links/instructions on how to watch it?

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:18:59 PM »
On the one hand they're rightfully proud of making a good show.

On the other hand they pat themselves on the back for everything, including the crapola, and can't seem to tell the difference.

"Hey, remember Vic, the holographic 50s/60s style lounge singer from DS9?" - um, no, I had totally forgotten about that. Blocked it out maybe.

I always found that type of thing annoying in any version of Star Trek. A character is way into some aspect of 20th century pop culture for no good reason, and insists on sharing it with the other characters, who usually get into it too.

Sisko being into baseball? Fine, baseball may still be around in some form by that point. A cheesy lounge-crooner though? Um... that died off for a reason.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:13:41 PM »
Looks great, any links/instructions on how to watch it?

Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/What-We-Left-Behind-Looking/dp/B07RR73J7Y

or VPN + TPB.