Author Topic: Flip Frenzy Tournament & 9th Annual Post-Chrismukkah-Festivus-Kwanzaa Party  (Read 362 times)

Offline doghouse

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • www.PinballAsylum.com
    • www.pinballasylum.com
Hello Florida Pinball Fans & Fellow Asylum Inmates,

A reminder and an invitation: Our 9th Annual Post-Chrismukkah-Festivus-Kwanzaa Party is Saturday, December 28th!

NOTE: If you have never visited The Pinball Asylum, please email info@pinballasylum.com to get registered for this and future events!

The party starts at 1:00pm, and we'll be turning on all the machines, and getting an early start on New Year's Eve! Come by and play pinball!  Bring pot-luck food, snacks, deserts, left-over X-Mas gifts, drinks, and/or whatever you wish to share.  There will be LIVE MUSIC at 4:00pm!

We'll be hosting an IFPA Flip Frenzy Tournament-- a fun, 1-1/2 - 2 hour, timed tournament.  The Flip Frenzy format starts with a random two player game on a bank of 6 machines, with Player Two leaving when the game is over, and going into a queue.  Player One stays, becoming Player Two, and plays the next person in the queue, and goes to the end of the queue after the game awaiting the next match. Winner at the end of the allotted time is the player with the most wins and fewest losses.

Both the party and Flip Frenzy on Saturday are FREE! But we are happy to accept your tax-deductable donations to support the ongoing efforts of The Pinball Asylum as we flip into our 10th year, and host IFPA17, The World Championships.

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Joyful Kwanzaa, and Festivus Greetings from all of us at The Pinball Asylum!

David, Matt B., Matt M., Mike, Jeff and Scott
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:28:55 AM by doghouse »
When in Fort Myers, visit The Pinball Asylum..."A Nice Place To Play Pinball."

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Another fun event at the Asylum! Thanks to all who helped run the tournament, it was a Frenzy Babee!!!! Big bonus with the live entertainment, wow, we have some talented inmates!

Offline doghouse

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • www.PinballAsylum.com
    • www.pinballasylum.com
Thanks, Dan!  And congrats on winning!  38 participants: Top players were: Dan Coyle (1st), Eric Stone (2nd), Tony Verzelli (3rd-- tied with Todd, won in a tiebreaker), Todd Baxter (4th), and our youngest player, Topher Fontana (5th).   
When in Fort Myers, visit The Pinball Asylum..."A Nice Place To Play Pinball."

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Thanks, Dan!  And congrats on winning!  38 participants: Top players were: Dan Coyle (1st), Eric Stone (2nd), Tony Verzelli (3rd-- tied with Todd, won in a tiebreaker), Todd Baxter (4th), and our youngest player, Topher Fontana (5th).   

Very cool.  Congrats on running a new format at the Asylum!
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline PJTimkey

• Level 1: Arrival
  • Flipp'n since 1964
 I brought one of the oldest pinball players (continuous) in the country, my mom is 95 years old! She almost starting crying when she saw Bobby Orr Power Play a game that my parents owned. Had a great time and hopes to visit again soon.

My grandfather owned an ice cream parlor and installed a pin in 1941 and my mom spent hours playing (don't even ask the game name). She has played on and off since then and she is the one responsible for my addiction. "We didn't even have Wizard of Oz back then" she jokes.
Why is my ringtone sounds of a pinball machine?  To find out why, try calling me during a game of pinball.

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
I brought one of the oldest pinball players (continuous) in the country, my mom is 95 years old! She almost starting crying when she saw Bobby Orr Power Play a game that my parents owned. Had a great time and hopes to visit again soon.

My grandfather owned an ice cream parlor and installed a pin in 1941 and my mom spent hours playing (don't even ask the game name). She has played on and off since then and she is the one responsible for my addiction. "We didn't even have Wizard of Oz back then" she jokes.

Awesome story! Bring your mom to one of the women's tournaments we will be having this year. (My mom's in her 70s and she will be there!)

Offline PJTimkey

• Level 1: Arrival
  • Flipp'n since 1964
When is the next women's event?  Looked on the net for oldest players with very few results.  My mom said she wound be glad to go up against a girl 20 years younger than her.  :)
Why is my ringtone sounds of a pinball machine?  To find out why, try calling me during a game of pinball.