Author Topic: PGA Tour Championship Team Challenge HELP NEEDED  (Read 235 times)

Offline tbecu1

• Level 6: Knight Industries
PGA Tour Championship Team Challenge HELP NEEDED
« on: January 29, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »
Hey Y'all,

I have a PGA Tour Championship arcade that was struggling to boot up sometimes. I am thinking that it was a failing battery.

Now the computer stopped coming on at all, so I changed that battery and tried to fire it up.

I had to hit the power button to turn on the computer that runs the game on, and that worked, but I keep getting a boot disk failure and it is asking me for the CD boot disks.

Any thoughts? Is my hard drive dead?

Thanks,

Thomas
2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.

Offline EstenzE

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: PGA Tour Championship Team Challenge HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »
Since your bios battery died, it lost its original boot settings.  Look for a prompt that says something along the lines of “press f2 or del to enter setup”.  You need to adjust the cmos so that it boots from the hard drive first.  If it was struggling to boot, it could have also been a failing hard drive.  Look up the original manual and it should have the correct bios settings.

Offline tbecu1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:27:37 AM »
I did go into the cmos and changed it back to boot from the hard drive first and it does not boot and then asks for the system disk.

This computer uses the "delete" key to get into the bios.

Thanks for the idea. Any others?

Thomas
2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »
take the hard drive out, use a USB to Sata adapter (or IDE)...and attach it to a test bench/another PC. from there, you can run a good disk reconditioning program that fixes bad or messed up sectors.

windows has it's own hard drive scan built in as well, once you hook up the game drive as a USB slave.

don't format it. :)

after all this, then "yes...hard drive might be a brick". no boot disk is basically saying "i have nothing to pull game data from."

if it's dead, it's compact flash time. or USB boot. whatever the options out now would be for a PGA tour.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline tbecu1

PGA Tour Championship Team Challenge HELP NEEDED
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »
Questions for the group. It looks my hard drive has crashed and I am trying to get it back up and going.

I bought disks for the game, but I am nor sure what to do next.

Can I just get any Western Digital Hard drive and try to reinstall? K7 mentioned going to the USB drive route, how does that work?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Offline tbecu1

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:52 PM »
Does anyone have suggestions on what to do if the hard drive is indeed dead?

I like the game and would like to get it working, but alas, I am not that smart :-)

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Richie107

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 05:35:21 AM »
When you are in bios, goto the hard drive setup section and where it shows the drives installed such as Drive 0 etc make sure they are set on AUTO for the size detection . If the bios doesn't know the correct sector size etc it won't be able to boot from the hard drive because it can't find the boot sector.  Also make sure once you do this that you SAVE CHANGES when exiting bios .

Offline tbecu1

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 07:04:26 AM »
Thank you for the advice. I am trying to see if I can find one.

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »
check the voltages on the 5 and 12.  sometimes games need a little more than 5.  but start at 5 and work you way up slowly.   compact flash upgrade is awesome.  loads super quick.
vids:  MK3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Stargate, and KISS

pins: TWD, ST prem, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem, GoT, BM66 prem, GB, Woz, The Hobbit, BKSOR, JP(stern), Firepower, and RZ

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind

Offline tbecu1

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 06:01:32 PM »
Do you have the compact version for this game? I tried reaching out to the guy selling the Golden Tee one, but he does not have the disks anymore to make me one. If you could tell me where you got it from, that would be awesome!

Thomas

Offline tbecu1

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »
So last night, the game did boot up, so I did not turn it off thinking that somehow I can get the information off of the disk now that it is actually running.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 02:50:52 PM »
i dont have that game but i do have a killer instinct that has thr flash card replacement.
vids:  MK3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Stargate, and KISS

pins: TWD, ST prem, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem, GoT, BM66 prem, GB, Woz, The Hobbit, BKSOR, JP(stern), Firepower, and RZ

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind