Author Topic: Cell Phone Boosters  (Read 745 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Cell Phone Boosters
« on: February 21, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »
Has anyone used cell phone boosters for commercial buildings? Like 10,000sqft?

Trying to read up on this is difficult because there are so many scam reviews out there..

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: Cell Phone Boosters
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 01:06:31 PM »
https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/weboost-home-complete-signal-booster-kit-470145/

here is a video of an older unit. ( and smaller one )

I have  T-Mobile Repeater at home laying in a box somewhere, i used in Plant City, and it worked well.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 02:18:07 PM »
Yeah i looked at Weboost, Hiboost and the pro versions WilsonPro and SureCall

They need all the bands boosted

Offline PJTimkey

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Flipp'n since 1964
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 08:03:07 PM »
home docking station from M**** about $200 using tower finder.  most else is junk.
Why is my ringtone sounds of a pinball machine?  To find out why, try calling me during a game of pinball.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »
We went went the Wilson Pro by the way. Not cheap, about $1100 but it seems to work pretty well. Will repeat a signal and strengthen it quite a bit.. of course there are times when the signal completely drops out in the area which nothing is going to help with but that's another issue entirely.

Offline PJTimkey

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Flipp'n since 1964
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 11:25:18 PM »
Sweet unit, it was out of my budget.  You can call Mars with that thing.  Auto tower detect?  Set it and forget it!
Why is my ringtone sounds of a pinball machine?  To find out why, try calling me during a game of pinball.

Online FUNWIZ

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:25:33 AM »
We went went the Wilson Pro by the way. Not cheap, about $1100 but it seems to work pretty well. Will repeat a signal and strengthen it quite a bit.. of course there are times when the signal completely drops out in the area which nothing is going to help with but that's another issue entirely.
Did you manage to install the antenna at the top of the building, preferably above the roof on a pole, on the side closest to the nearest tower?
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.