Author Topic: Scam of the week : D  (Read 906 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Scam of the week : D
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:53:52 PM »
i mean....at least, try harder?

or at least, make a new fake account. you're already on a scam hit list, dummy...

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline JaxGator

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: Scam of the week : D
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:38:55 AM »
I hear Bally made some good motorcycles  :D
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

Offline k7

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:13:47 PM »
let's play some games.

NOS. lol...looks like the pics came from the 90s:

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
$800 and they have a deal!
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

Offline Richie107

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »
Is it just me or are there a lot more scammers popping up? I have been selling on ebay for years and just this past year have had a few buyers claim the item is not working any more a few days after I sold it to them. I just sold a iPad mini and it was wiped and apple iCloud account removed and the buyer sends me a picture of it saying its linked to a apple account ending with a hotmail.com. I don't even have a hotmail account to begin with. I think he was tryin to pull a switcharoo or something.. Im bout ready to close my ebay account or at least stop selling stuff on there. I have been a member since 2001 and have a 100% feedback with 154 reviews. People suck.. Quote of 2020

Offline Neal_W

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:50 PM »
I think he was tryin to pull a switcharoo or something.

The last time I bought one online, the seller put an anit-tamper hologram decal on the back, so there was no confusion about the one they sold me. 

Offline Richie107

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »
The last time I bought one online, the seller put an anit-tamper hologram decal on the back, so there was no confusion about the one they sold me.
Thats a cool idea. But what's to say he received my iPad i sold him then setup the iPad with his or someones apple id and reset the iPad to show the activation lock screen. Its so easy to pull a scam like that and maybe he got it and had buyers remorse and had to find a way to say it wasn't as described??!? Ill let ebay figure it out but i am done selling on ebay.. 19 years too... oh well it was good while it was legit .

Offline k7

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 08:13:29 PM »
The last time I bought one online, the seller put an anti-tamper hologram decal on the back, so there was no confusion about the one they sold me.

that might not work. scammer can just swap the back cover. if it's pictured in the auction and over a screw, that will help.

you need anti-tamper tags inside of it, and outside of it, over screw holes. if you can split the front and back of the case, better. then you'll get a negative from a buyer who doesn't like the stickers.

so, anti-tamper decals, that are pictured on eBay, during the auction. do all that, and you still might lose a not-as-described case.

the good thing, you make enough noise, eBay will pay you off to keep you happy. usually.

jay carter has not gotten back to me. maybe i'm not a good target for this stupid attempt. i mean, i've only been doing the car scammers wrong for 20 years now.

jojokoko

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 01:26:54 AM »
It looks nice :D

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 05:37:58 AM »
If you don't want to be scammed, don't sell console video games on eBay. I mean it's SUPER bad. My admin on my team at work has an ebay store where he sells new & used Nintendo, XBox, and PS games & collectibles (Think Gamestop stuff), and they try to rip him off at LEAST once a week. he files a dispute and just shrugs it off. He says his profit margin is sufficient, and most of the time they don't win, it's just scammers trying to get something for nothing. He always insists that they return the stuff though, when he does that they usually let the case expire, and eBay lets him keep the money. Then theres the "dealmakers". Once they get the item, they try to get it for half price by flagging it and asking for a partial refund, to cover supposed "damage". Then they will resell the item and make a profit. He combats this by making it all or nothing again, saying that he wouldnt feel right if they werent 100% satisfied, so send the item back and he will give them a total refund. Again, most of the time, they keep it.

-Dan

Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline k7

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »

Offline Richie107

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »
that might not work. scammer can just swap the back cover. if it's pictured in the auction and over a screw, that will help.

you need anti-tamper tags inside of it, and outside of it, over screw holes. if you can split the front and back of the case, better. then you'll get a negative from a buyer who doesn't like the stickers.

so, anti-tamper decals, that are pictured on eBay, during the auction. do all that, and you still might lose a not-as-described case.

the good thing, you make enough noise, eBay will pay you off to keep you happy. usually.

jay carter has not gotten back to me. maybe i'm not a good target for this stupid attempt. i mean, i've only been doing the car scammers wrong for 20 years now.
A follow up to this douchebag.. He did return the iPad iCloud locked. I got a digital copy of my long lost receipt from Best Buy and emailed it to apple. They approved the iCloud removal within a week.. The guy didn't really benefit by doing this if he was tryin to just return it because of remorse.. I will post more detailed descriptions on my listings from now on with the apple or android stuff...

Offline k7

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »
lol. it never stops:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 01:34:01 PM by k7 »

Offline Richie107

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »
lol. it never stops:

Tis' the season for scumbags.. Even trying to meet in person buying or selling things sometimes ends up badly.. I just try to avoid people all together...