Author Topic: Machines / Player Updates - Charity - District Pro Pinball Event - 7-Nov  (Read 389 times)

Offline Mrtaz

• Level 1: Arrival
Pinballers.  See updates below regarding machines targeted to be in the tournament on 7-Nov.  Also, several player updates. 

2nd, 3rd and 4th place prizes are INCREASED by $100 as Kurt Van Zyl is attending!  Awesome sauce.  There may be delay in getting the Trophies.  I'll know more by Friday.  If so, I'll mail them to winners.

Date & Time of event      : Saturday 7-November // Practice starts at 11am ET // Tournament starts at 12pm ET.  You can also practice the day before.
Free Play during event    : Means, no need to put quarters into the machines to play them. :)
Location                        : District Eat & Play - located in the Oviedo Mall in Oviedo Fl
Tournament Format        : 7 Strike // 3rd and 4th place get 1 strike
Charity/buy-in amount    : $25 - 100% goes to the charity
Playoff Format                : Match-play determines the placement. No Playoffs
Sign-up process              : Day of event OR Sign-up in advance // Limit of 48 players total // Simply reply to this post or email me at ipadheadphones@gmail.com
1st Place Prize               : Trophy + Mint-condition pinball machine "Cow-Poke" with a reported value of $2,000 (ooo .. weee .. wowie :)
2nd Place Prize              : Trophy +$600 from me to you .. because you're so awesome
3rd Place Prize               : Trophy +$450 from me to you .. because .. well .. you're almost just as awesome
4th Place Prize               : Trophy +$350 from me to you .. because .. well .. seriously .. do I need a reason at this point? .. just take the money already!

Machines targeted for inclusion (Note, this may change if any machines experience issues between this posting and start of play):

Machine Name (Code Version)
Attack from Mars (N/A)
Avengers   (0.92)
Barracora   (N/A   )
Creature from Lagoon (N/A)
Deadpool   (1.02)
Elvira    (1.00.0)
Game of Thrones LE   (1.37)
Guardians of Galaxy Pro   (1.06)
Hot Wheels   (20.10.15)
Houdini      (19.4.7)
Iron Maiden Pro   (1.06)
Iron Man      (1.86)
Jurrasic Park Premium (1.03)
Lord of the Rings   (N/A)
Metallica Pro   (1.8 )
Monster Bash   (N/A)
Oktoberfest   (19.10.24)
Rick and Morty   (20.08.26)
Star Trek      (1.62)
Star Wars Le   (1.05)
Stranger Things    (0.99.1)
Tron         (1.74)
Turtles Pro   (1.23)

Players signed up (If you do not see your name, please let me know via post or email me at ipadheadphones@gmail.com:

Player's Name
Alex Marino
Amy Michele
Anthony Dickson
Bill Kurtz
BO Cooner
Charles Takvorian
Chris Henry
Dan Coyle
David Denholtz
Eric Parsons
Eric Stone
Ernesto C.
Gwen Octavia
James Ranieri
Jason Young
Jim Courtney
John Parsons
Justin Derazza
Kim Cooner
Kirby Rients
Kurt Van Zyl
Lee
Lisa Henry
Maddie Gibbons
Maritza
Mike Poli
Nicholas Mueller
Pierce Bridges
Rhonda Johnson
Samuel Witts
Sebastian (Lee)
Sebastian Bobbio
Shannon Strafford
Stacey Stafford
Tatiana Bobbio
Vince Gelormine
Wilson Kurtz

Offline kZIN

What a list!!!

Offline Mrtaz

A few more players added.  We are now at 40 players.  Limit is 48 players.  If don't see your name or it's misspelled, let me know via post or email me at ipadheadphones@gmail.com

Player's Name
Alex Marino
Amy Michele
Anthony Dickson
Bill Kurtz
BO Cooner
Charles Takvorian
Chris Henry
Clay Bergholtz
Dan Coyle
David Denholtz
Eric Parsons
Eric Stone
Ernesto C.
Gwen Octavia
James Ranieri
Jason Young
Jim Courtney
John Parsons
Justin Derazza
Kim Cooner
Kirby Rients
Kurt Van Zyl
Lee
Lisa Henry
Maddie Gibbons
Maritza
Mike Poli
Nicholas Mueller
Patrick Durland
Pierce Bridges
Rhonda Johnson
Samuel Witts
Sebastian (Lee)
Sebastian Bobbio
Shannon Strafford
Stacey Stafford
Tatiana Bobbio
Tim Rix
Vince Gelormine
Wilson Kurtz

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Hi all. Again, I am touched that you are holding and playing this awesome tournament for a good cause!

I have but one request: Please take a lot of photos and videos! (But don't interrupt anyone's play!) If you want to share them with me, please send to pinballandcancer@gmail.com. If you don't want your image shared on my Tuesday night Twitch stream, please tell me to keep it "private".

Have a great time. I will be thinking of you and feverishly mashing on MatchPlay to see the standings.

Offline weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Am I correct when I say there isn't one EM  on that entire list?
If so. why is that? Not being a wise ass I am just curious.
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield Also have a AK-47 I would consider trading.

Offline kZIN

They only have one EM and it is prize for 1st place

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
What a night - and morning - at The District. I only wished I could have been with you!

Nick Mueller dominated, but I saw Dan Coyle launched a tremendous comeback bid that fell just a little short. I salute you all and thank you for taking time to play and support the American Cancer Society. I'm sure they will use your donations well.

28 rounds is by far the longest tournament in Florida history. I fell asleep after Round 21. I don't know how they didn't, too!

Thank you to those who sent photos and videos. You'll see them on my stream next Tuesday. My favorite photo was from Ted. It was midnight, and it was a long view of the entire arcade with just Nick, Dan and Sebastian in it. The lonely part of the night when everyone else has gone home but you're still fighting. An appropriate metaphor.

Congratulations Nick, Dan, Sebastian and Justin, and I appreciate your continued thoughts, prayers and wishes for what I hope maybe someday could be my recovery. Kinda like "the ultimate Lazarus ball!"

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Fantastic tournament! Big thanks to Ted for running another well run tournament, Bill for allowing the District to host and the extremely generous prize pool .Also to Kelly for maintaining and keeping the games playing in top form and staying late and to Norma for assisting with a couple unique calls that required a neutral party to assist Ted to make sure the call was fair and correct. Much appreciated to take a few extra moments and make sure the correct call is made.

Great cause and very inspirational video from Norma prior to the start. 13 1/2 hours later and 28 or 29 rounds of match play, Nick came out on top and won a collector quality Cow Poke pinball. Congratulations , well played.

The District put all safety regulations in place, everyone was masked up, games were staggered and plenty of room to social distance. Good to see some normalcy come back from a crazy year!

Offline kZIN

you played great also Dan and came close sown the Stretch.
Grats to all

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
14 hours?  May need to tweak those rules and format. :o

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: Machines / Player Updates - Charity - District Pro Pinball Event - 7-Nov
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2020, 10:29:15 AM »
Congrats to the winners. Well done and for a great cause!  Hope to play with you all again soon.

@ibis yeah, when I saw it was 7 strikes, not progressive, and on all modern games, I knew it was going to be a looooonnnnnggg day.  But I am sure the people attending were excited to be able to play and not potentially be out in just a few rounds. 
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend