Author Topic: Farewell... thank you for all the memories  (Read 392 times)

Offline zenbone

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • The T-Shirt Guy
Farewell... thank you for all the memories
« on: October 12, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
We are finally packed up and rolling out of the Tampa Bay area. We are moving up to Wisconsin leaving Clearwater (which we called home since 1993) machines in tow. i have always really enjoyed being part of the Village community and think very highly of the village family. I have always enjoyed reading the board and scanning the for sale each day. Special thank you to Curly and Marshall for helping grow our pinball family and for helping me stumble through my random pinball questions. I will no doubt still be on the board as it is part of my morning coffee wake up and happily share pictures of snow if anyone wants ha ha
see you all on the other side village brothers and sisters

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: Farewell... thank you for all the memories
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 11:57:01 AM »
its the internet, you maybe changing locals, but you still have the Village.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
Good luck, brother.  You may be the first person to ever move from Florida to Wisconsin.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline Richie107

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 06:33:46 PM »
Well the way things are on the west coast with the protesting and stuff in the Tampa area I don't blame him. But now-a-days where does one go to get his or her sanity back?

Offline k7

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »
...and stay out!

j/k. hopefully you're outside the big city. go for less people, more snow, and win win. ;D say hi to my printer people out there.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 11:27:29 AM »
Well the way things are on the west coast with the protesting and stuff in the Tampa area I don't blame him. But now-a-days where does one go to get his or her sanity back?

wait what?

What's wrong with Tampa? I am not aware of any problems over here, everything is going great? ... We didn't burn down any car dealerships like they did in WI...

http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
wait what?

What's wrong with Tampa? I am not aware of any problems over here, everything is going great? ... We didn't burn down any car dealerships like they did in WI...

Just ignore it Hammy.  He's probably drinking the Kool-Aid and watching the fake news.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Online weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:53 PM »
well, good luck on your move and thank you for contributing to this place!
But WAIT Did you say WISCONSIN???????? Isnt that the only other State besides New York where add-a-balls know GOTTLIEB ADD-A-BALLS were sold?
Please remember that there are people here in Florida that really want those Wedgeheads! Especially kings&Queens and Dimension.  Especially that Port Charlotte crowd.
 Good luck on your new chapter of life!
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield Also have a AK-47 I would consider trading.

Offline Richie107

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »
Just ignore it Hammy.  He's probably drinking the Kool-Aid and watching the fake news.

No Kool-aid or gob'ment cheese here.. Just something I heard from someone that's all. Good luck moving, its sure a change from blistering florida.

Offline deadlander

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 08:11:58 AM »
Kool aid gets a bad rap! Fact is they drank Wyler drink mix in Jonestown. Kool aid had the psychotic pitcher spokesperson who randomly bursts through perfectly good walls to share its surgary goodness to prediabetic children everywhere.  Oh yeah!!!

Oh yeah! good luck on your move we will keep the light on for when you come back to Florida to retire.  You can come home again just bring back a bunch of ems for us!
Regards
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline zenbone

• The T-Shirt Guy
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
well, good luck on your move and thank you for contributing to this place!
But WAIT Did you say WISCONSIN???????? Isnt that the only other State besides New York where add-a-balls know GOTTLIEB ADD-A-BALLS were sold?
Please remember that there are people here in Florida that really want those Wedgeheads! Especially kings&Queens and Dimension.  Especially that Port Charlotte crowd.
 Good luck on your new chapter of life!

I will keep on the look out... if i find any you will be the first to know

Offline DEXTER

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 03:56:03 PM »
I actually made the pilgrimage from Naples, FL to Madison, WI in 2000. Recently married my wife wanted to live by family. 14 years later we realized that we didn't have to live this way (that is the freezing cold winters, high property taxes, home prices, and income tax) and moved back to the greatest state in the union.

;D

All seriousness though best of luck. I don't know if you will be moving near Madison but if so - let me know as I have many connections to great pinballers up there and they have a great league. There is also lots of places to play and you are close to the Pinball mecca of Chicago!

DEX
Pins: Medieval Madness (Remake Standard), Attack From Mars (Remake LE), Monster Bash (Remake LE), Wizard of Oz Ruby Red, Elvira HOH LE, Avengers IQ LE, Star Wars Prem, Ghostbusters Prem, Batman 66 Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, Munsters Pro, Simpsons Pinball Party, Spiderman Vault

Coming someday: Rick & Morty BSE #331

Offline zenbone

• The T-Shirt Guy
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 09:23:38 PM »
Quick update - all the machines and cats made it safe and sound.

Offline k7

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »
nice. pics and updates as you transition into....the ice?  ;D
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value