Author Topic: FS: Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition.  (Read 2481 times)

Offline smokinhos

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: FS: Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 02:27:35 PM »
Was supposed to call me at his lunch break, instead he logged on here and offered it to another member. Did not send updated pics to me. Says he's the original owner  so he paid $9k-10k renting a $750-1000 apartment according to the address he sent. Not saying its not possible but I'd think unlikely.. pics on the listing are identical to those listed 2 yrs ago on multiple sites and here in the past.

Offline smokinhos

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »
He just reposted it on planetarypinball for $7k..

Offline Pinner

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
Sounds like a job for...RoboCop!!

Offline duderegular

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »
That pic looks european as well.... Single coin slot and round electric plugs in the wall. Smells fishy folks....

Offline smokinhos

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 04:38:52 PM »
Stopped responding to everything after I called it out. Moving on.

Offline Pchdetc

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 05:25:27 PM »
I cant tell from the pic 100% but wall outlet looks like round wall electrical cords. Not US electrical plugs. Maybe someone could verify that pic. Also,I also thought it looked odd... 3 posts from joining in Sept 2018.. Thought I had seen he had it marked as location was Dallas TX, No location in his avatar now Hmmmm. Maybe he "moved".

Offline redlightracer

• Level 2: Villager
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 06:26:23 PM »
Hate f'n scammers. OP needs to move out of moms basement!!! Jack ass!
Have: Lethal weapon 3, Hook, Pirates of the Caribbean stern, Mega Touch, Cougar dart board, Mame with over 25k games.

Past:Star-gate,Armor Attack,Lost Tomb,Yir-ar kung Fu, Super Mario Bros,Deer hunting, Police Trainer, Shooting Sports, Lethal Enforcers, Tornado Foosball,Golden Axe, Turkey Hunt,Van guard, sure I am forgetting some.

WTB: Star Wars Pinball Stern, Guardians of the Galaxy Pin

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 09:27:41 PM »
lol. i should post our PM, smokinhos.  about the safety checks.   :)

but, i have to put this here.

*he listed it 2 years ago at $7000. not a blow out price, that was actually market back then for this title.

*he didn't bump the post.

*lot of patience to wait a year, then come back, and post the exact game again, and after a year, only took $1000 off. when there are much better "throw-money-at-this" titles.

*apartments can have separate garages. and rent at some apartments can run you $10,000+ a month.

*the pic is a little off with resolution (we be hi def nowadays), and the round plugs, but anyone can changed a plug end for 4 bucks, so that didn't raise any red flags.

saying that. i reverse search everybody and google map the hood i'm headed to.

and i buy nothing i can't put hands on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 09:38:05 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline DEXTER

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 06:36:23 AM »
lol. i should post our PM, smokinhos.  about the safety checks.   :)

but, i have to put this here.

*he listed it 2 years ago at $7000. not a blow out price, that was actually market back then for this title.

*he didn't bump the post.

*lot of patience to wait a year, then come back, and post the exact game again, and after a year, only took $1000 off. when there are much better "throw-money-at-this" titles.

*apartments can have separate garages. and rent at some apartments can run you $10,000+ a month.

*the pic is a little off with resolution (we be hi def nowadays), and the round plugs, but anyone can changed a plug end for 4 bucks, so that didn't raise any red flags.

saying that. i reverse search everybody and google map the hood i'm headed to.

and i buy nothing i can't put hands on.

Lessons from the Master.

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 11:39:52 AM »
i know of a yellow brick road version that i think is still available.  lmk if any is interested
vids:   246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur),  robotron, joust w/jrok, centipede

pins:  Star Trek premmy, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem,  BM66 prem, GnR LE, jjp potc le, Woz, The Hobbit,  JP(stern), Godzilla premmy,  AIQ (prem), EHoH. LoTR, CCr, F-14

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ, BSD, Firepower, STTNG, TMNT prem, TWD, Gilligan

Offline wackenhut

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »
But seriously...a WOZ LE for 6K Shipped. Seems totally out of line.

Offline k7

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 04:16:19 PM »
i know of a yellow brick road version that i think is still available.  lmk if any is interested

this is a cool dude, and he's got it listed for $2000 under MSRP:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102108

But seriously...a WOZ LE for 6K Shipped. Seems totally out of line.

it is a stretch, but they can and do sell for under $7000, and when he reposted this one at $6000, there was a green powdercoated WoZ on pinside for $6000...it was not a limited version.

so really....was not much of a stretch, except it wasn't in florida. i always have an issue with a machine being sold on a florida/georgia based website that's not in florida or georgia...the couple of members outside of our zone (who contribute in the forums) are the exceptions.

now, the fun part of scam....go find that picture that he posted on flickr, yahoo, google, ebay.UK auction. when i can do that, it's a nice warm fuzzy feeling. :P

Offline wackenhut

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »
Yep, but just means he was selling for about 5,700 when you factor in shipping!

Offline k7

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2020, 01:27:39 AM »
well, the fact there's no response post from the seller, is just 1 more big ass red flag waving in the wind. ;D

here's smokinhos PM with me, discussing this machine:

Quote from: smokinhos on October 15, 2020, 12:51:41 PM
Hello.. I dont know you, but based on the respect from this group I trust your judgment. Asking for advice if you could share.looking to add a couple pins but can't really afford nib. I wasn't necessarily looking for WOZ but the one listed sounds like a pretty good deal. Thoughts? We enjoyed it as a family. Maybe theme isn't our favorite but not a turn off. Thanks. And if you'd rather not comment u totally understand. I appreciate your posts and banter on here. Fun stuff

me: i'm very opinionated. :P
   that woz is a good price on paper. he had it up for sale a while ago, for 7 grand. i grabbed the picture from that thread.
   everything pinball is overpriced right now. i mean, at the shop, we sold a used jurassic premium for $8000 today. it's straight up stupid.
   for me, i have to stand in front of a machine to test it, check it, ask the history on it, all that good stuff.
   but on paper...it's a good price. i even cross checked what was on pinside, and nothing close.
   if you like WoZ, it's good. i can't do that theme in large chunks, but it's an epic light show and fun shooter overall.

Quote from: smokinhos on October 15, 2020, 08:25:14 PM
Thank you. Going to take a swing at it. We all like it and for $6k i too agree that it seems on the lower end of sale prices. He said it has 243 plays now and is perfect. Talked to Michelle about shipping, so just waiting on info to set up delivery and payment. Really had my eye on willy and GB premium, but can't touch either for under 7500. I think AIQ will be perfect fir the fam too, but it will be some time before a good priced used premium is available. The New GnR looks sweet, but not sure I can do fat axl over and over again.. even though I really like GnR. Thanks for your thoughts. If it doesn't work out, my guess us we can trade or sell it. Hoping woz is a keeper for a while.

me: just make sure the guy is real. he has 3 posts...you're shipping in a pinball.
   have him shoot a video of it working...newspaper or something that shows he owns it. pinside credit or an account that is traceable. google search his name. trace the phone number.
   good luck.  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:29:32 AM by k7 »

Offline petechrisjnr

• Level 1: Arrival
  • Be Careful Warrior
Re: FS: Wizard of Oz Emerald City Limited Edition.***Sold***
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2020, 08:16:31 PM »
I did give the gentleman my phone number,he never called or returned my call and for personal reasons I decided not to sell years ago but i just concluded a sale.

***Sold***