Author Topic: NY Post / Biden  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
NY Post / Biden
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

Re: NY Post / Biden
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Joe Biden's crackhead-pedophile son is the worst kept secret in politics.

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 04:40:51 PM »
I think it's safe to say elections have always had dirty politics and the complaints are only made when it happens to their own team.  It doesn't make it right but as much as people on the left will make the case Hunter's laptop is out of bounds because they think it was illegally acquired or whatever, I doubt many of those people complained about the illegal leaking of Trump's tax returns.  I would guess it's also safe to say no one on the Trump side is complaining now (but did before).  Same thing happened with Leon Podesta's email hack and Sarah Palin's email hack, and so on.   

I can't remember anyone consistently having the higher moral ground in these types of situations. 

I just assume pretty much everyone in Washington who has been there for any amount of time has abused the system to their gain.  How else does congress always get significantly better than market returns on stock market investments?   How else do people who make good but reasonable salaries end up as what would be considered very significant amounts of wealth?  This goes for both sides too, so get off your high horses.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/members-of-congress-get-a_n_866387       
https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/493497-insider-trading-by-congress-its-time-to-fix-the-law

I guess the question is at what point does the corruption get above the maximum acceptable standard (for someone in Washington) so that people will actually do something? 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:42:32 PM by dug »
WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 05:52:07 PM »
Same thing happened with Leon Podesta's email hack and Sarah Palin's email hack, and so on.   

I can't remember anyone consistently having the higher moral ground in these types of situations. 

I don't think this was "hacked" info. From what I'm gathering the computer was legally abandoned at a repair shop and therefore became the repair shops property. That is significantly different than illegally breaking into someone's account. As more details emerge I certainly could be shown that my understanding of the situation is incorrect.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »
Discuss?

My prediction: Hannity will run it every night and all the other networks will either ignore it or spin it as "nothing to see here".
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 08:17:23 PM »
Rudy Giuliani, who has been serving as President Trump’s personal lawyer and Trump supporter lays out their case against Biden.  This is the biggest scandal in US history - either because the allegations and evidence is true or it is a massive fraud and libel in the last 2 weeks of the election.

Almost as big of a scandal as this is, is the digital censorship of the story and the complicity in that censorship by the Democratic Media establishment. That the 4th largest paper in the US was blocked from being shared on these platforms is unprecedented. This could lead to major changes in the digital communication industry or it will be the beginning of the  end of the freedom of the Press.

Finally, whatever the truth of these allegations are, the Trump Administration has pulled out all the stops and are going after Biden. If the allegations are true, and Trump remains President, Biden should be prosecuted and convicted. If Biden is elected the next President however, the establishment is likely to continue to cover this up, and I have no doubt they will go after then former President Trump for any real (or manufactured) crimes.

Growing up in the 80s, there was the concept of 2 minutes to midnight... that we were getting dangerously close to nuclear war and this was expressed through the movement of a clock. I think that’s an apt visual for how close we are to real civil war.  The powers are diametrically opposed and crimes have been committed - with both sides pointing the finger and loyalist supporters unwilling to accept the results of political defeat or legal action against their leaders. The 4 year cold civil war that was declared when Hillary lost and her supporters refused to accept the results is heating up. I hope we don’t strike midnight.

Good opinion article from Fox... yes they’re biased but they make good observations.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hunter-biden-computer-facebook-trump-censorship-scandal-jonathan-turley

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 10:12:49 PM »
I agree, it's not a good direct comparison because as of now it does look like the information was obtained legally.  Given Hunter has substance abuse issues it also seems more likely he would leave the computer(s) behind.  I was just trying to say it falls under the October surprise of private information going public.  Both sides have done it and will do it again. 

It should definitely be investigated and there should be due process, but I also agree it should be reported.  At least reported in the same way Trump's tax returns were covered. I understand the difference between them, but again just saying the media who thought Trump's returns were vital information for voters should feel the same way about possible Biden financial issues.

As an aside, one of the things I like to do is take a current topic being covered on one news source and search others to see if/how it is being reported. It's expected there will be spin but at least it is reported.  Outright blackout by tech companies seems to be an entirely different level of censorship though.  I wouldn't be surprised if after this passes if their blackout becomes a bigger issue and really pushes for changes to their 230 status.         

Searching different news sites for "hunter email" gets the results below.  Of course Foxnews has all kinds of damning stories which isn't surprising. 

CNN: "US authorities investigating if recently published emails are tied to Russian disinformation effort targeting Biden"

MSNBC: " Why Trump's desperate 'Bidengate' Hail Marys keep backfiring"

Washington Post: "The truth behind the Hunter Biden non-scandal", "Biden email episode illustrates risk to Trump from Giuliani"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:23:51 PM by dug »

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 11:02:05 PM »
From what I'm gathering the computer was legally abandoned at a repair shop and therefore became the repair shops property.

is this true? hilarious ;D.

listen. the department of defense left a nuclear build DVD in a laptop they shipped to us. to scrap. great job. were talking stupid amounts of information.

and as far as a DoD wipe...give me one of those hard drives. i'll STILL extract good data off of it.

i'm not saying who "us" is (old company). but man...lost faith in everything govt at that moment in time. well, that's a lie. i haven't trusted anything government....ever.

we also were aware of random black vans for quite a while.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 07:35:21 AM »
Where the information came from is irrelevant to me, as long as it is true.  So from what I can tell, Hunter brought in 4 water damaged laptops to a shop in Delaware, while he lived on the west coast.  He only left one for repair.  The shopowner didnt actually see him drop it off. (Hmm... who did?  Any security cameras in store/area?).  But because of a sticker on the laptop, he knew it was Hunter.  And Hunter never picked it up, because we all just abandon our heavily used communication devices, including laptops we use for important emails.  So after perusing through the owners private emails (even though the guy is legally blind I think I read), he became concerned and called the FBi... or they contacted him, not sure.  So he gave the hard drive to Rudy (a man of impeccable unbiased integrity), who in turn reported it to a right leaning news outlet, all while this info was touted all month by Trump as the “October surprise.”  I saw an email on fox news- it looked an image of a re-typed powerpoint slide.  So are the emails real?  As my mother says about crap movies.... “The story has more holes than swiss cheese.”

I also find it funny that the same people now condemning this huge “peddle influence is a mortal sin” belief, based on some questionable emails, are the same people that say Trump should not have been impeached... even though multiple highly decorated, life-long government servants, testified to all of the evidence surrounding Trumps pay for play. 

And finally...  the media coverage... Remember when Trumps tax returns were leaked (showing he paid less that everyone on this forum I assume...).  Here is what the networks were reporting:
ABC:  Trump’s taxes
CNN: Trump’s taxes
Animal Planet: Trump’s taxes
Cartoon Network: Trump’s taxes
Fox news: Hearty Fall Soup Recipes
Hearty Fall Soup Channel: Trump’s taxes
 :D

Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 07:52:44 AM »
Where the information came from is irrelevant to me, as long as it is true.  So from what I can tell, Hunter brought in 4 water damaged laptops to a shop in Delaware, while he lived on the west coast.  He only left one for repair.  The shopowner didnt actually see him drop it off. (Hmm... who did?  Any security cameras in store/area?).  But because of a sticker on the laptop, he knew it was Hunter.  And Hunter never picked it up, because we all just abandon our heavily used communication devices, including laptops we use for important emails.  So after perusing through the owners private emails (even though the guy is legally blind I think I read), he became concerned and called the FBi... or they contacted him, not sure.  So he gave the hard drive to Rudy (a man of impeccable unbiased integrity), who in turn reported it to a right leaning news outlet, all while this info was touted all month by Trump as the “October surprise.”  I saw an email on fox news- it looked an image of a re-typed powerpoint slide.  So are the emails real?  As my mother says about crap movies.... “The story has more holes than swiss cheese.”

I also find it funny that the same people now condemning this huge “peddle influence is a mortal sin” belief, based on some questionable emails, are the same people that say Trump should not have been impeached... even though multiple highly decorated, life-long government servants, testified to all of the evidence surrounding Trumps pay for play. 

And finally...  the media coverage... Remember when Trumps tax returns were leaked (showing he paid less that everyone on this forum I assume...).  Here is what the networks were reporting:

It's great that your saying this is not his laptop. If only the Biden's would...

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »

Yes, the media is biased and this year is showing it more than other time I can remember.  One big difference for me though is Fox news is unabashedly conservative and their commentators state it clearly.  That their coverage would favor republicans isn't surprising.  Every other news outlet tries to make the case they are not biased, which is just laughable.  I have no issue if they want to favor left leaning ideas, but then why not just say it?     

I would also make the case, if you want news that isn't biased to the left the only TV news option is Fox news, which is why their ratings are so strong.  If roughly half the country leans right they will tend to watch Fox.  If you lean left you can watch pretty much any other news source (ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc.) so their viewership has a "split vote". 

Unfortunately, I can't think of a single mainstream news source to consistently get real information without a bias to their political ideology.  Can anyone name one mainstream outlet equally loved/hated by both sides?  Is that kind of news too boring, and having commentators is more entertaining and better for ratings? 

Either way, it is a shame because investigative journalism seems to have gone away, and the only news that matters is what favors their team. 

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »
It's great that your saying this is not his laptop. If only the Biden's would...
... It very well could be.  Just stinks.  No witnesses, no videos, no proof of meetings/calls happening, just some text which apparently came from emails which apparently came from Hunter Biden, whom apparently is a crack head drug addict, from Rudy, whom has *no* ties to any overseas criminals being Trump's attorneys, provided from a Trump voter in Delaware.  And there's the "smoking gun?" 

Also, isn't Joe, not Hunter, running for President??  Is there any evidence of pay-for-play, meetings, PHONE CALLS, witnesses, etc, at all?  Or are we just going by the apparent "crack-heads" emails? 

Yes, the media is biased and this year is showing it more than other time I can remember.  One big difference for me though is Fox news is unabashedly conservative and their commentators state it clearly.  That their coverage would favor republicans isn't surprising.  Every other news outlet tries to make the case they are not biased, which is just laughable.  I have no issue if they want to favor left leaning ideas, but then why not just say it?     

I would also make the case, if you want news that isn't biased to the left the only TV news option is Fox news, which is why their ratings are so strong.  If roughly half the country leans right they will tend to watch Fox.  If you lean left you can watch pretty much any other news source (ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc.) so their viewership has a "split vote".

Unfortunately, I can't think of a single mainstream news source to consistently get real information without a bias to their political ideology.  Can anyone name one mainstream outlet equally loved/hated by both sides?  Is that kind of news too boring, and having commentators is more entertaining and better for ratings?

Either way, it is a shame because investigative journalism seems to have gone away, and the only news that matters is what favors their team.
I couldn't agree more.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
... It very well could be.  Just stinks.  No witnesses, no videos, no proof of meetings/calls happening, just some text which apparently came from emails which apparently came from Hunter Biden, whom apparently is a crack head drug addict, from Rudy, whom has *no* ties to any overseas criminals being Trump's attorneys, provided from a Trump voter in Delaware.  And there's the "smoking gun?" 

From what I heard the e-mails directly indicate that Joe Biden is to get a cut of the money Hunter was getting and Joe Biden is not denying this when asked by a reporter:

"I know you’d ask it," the former vice president retorted. "I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask."

BTW, This was a CBS reporter, not a Fox new piece.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/joe-biden-snaps-reporter-asking-about-sons-emails-calls

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »
"I know you’d ask it," the former vice president retorted. "I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask."

This can be taken two ways
1) Biden is lying
2) This is so far from reality, and Joe knows so, that it does not dignify an answer. 

Do you think he would answer any questions implying/asking if he was a pedophile?  (you've seen the attacks)....  (Again, perhaps it could be answer (1) or (2), my money is on (2).  :D)

I read his answer above as "Pfffft.  F-U.  There is nothing there."

Offline Mamushka

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 05:16:38 PM »
This can be taken two ways
1) Biden is lying
2) This is so far from reality, and Joe knows so, that it does not dignify an answer. 

Do you think he would answer any questions implying/asking if he was a pedophile?  (you've seen the attacks)....  (Again, perhaps it could be answer (1) or (2), my money is on (2).  :D)

I read his answer above as "Pfffft.  F-U.  There is nothing there."

He's not lying, he is not making any comment. How hard would it be to say it's not his (Hunter's) laptop?