Author Topic: Game of Thrones LE Flippers intermittently quit  (Read 240 times)

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • It's showtime!
Re: Game of Thrones LE Flippers intermittently quit
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 03:35:04 PM »
Blackwater multiball flashes those slingshot flashers like crazy he also said it happens in single ball play sometimes, I would assume this is during a winter is coming if this little flasher theory pans out, randy man start up a winter is coming hurry up by shooting the white blueish shots until it activates and report back about your flippers during that mode, just a thought

I tested this previously and it eventually happened, but not as quickly as the other multi ball.
How many points is "TILT"?

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 03:36:43 PM »
This sounds eerily like when the late SAM era games started having this issue due to the  connector on the trough jam opto and Stern switched to the Molex style connector to remedy the problem.

OP, please clarify if, when the flippers go dead, the ball in play ends?
David Paz
EHOH, IMLE, JP3 Pro, IM, LOTR, BSD, Joker Poker, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, Paragon, Wild Card and Volley

• It's showtime!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 03:38:28 PM »
This sounds eerily like when the late SAM era games started having this issue due to the  connector on the trough jam opto and Stern switched to the Molex style connector to remedy the problem.

OP, please clarify if, when the flippers go dead, the ball in play ends?

I thought this was the case and had OP replace the trough opto receiver board before I went to take a look. I was able to confirm while on site that the turn does not end.

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »
at this point i would remove the new flashers. It was the last thing the OP said was done before the flipper issue.  No one has mentioned if they have or have not done this step.
vids:  MK3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Stargate, and KISS

pins: TWD, ST prem, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem, GoT, BM66 prem, GB, Woz, The Hobbit, BSD, JP(stern), Firepower, Iron Maiden, tmnt, sttng

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ

• It's showtime!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »
at this point i would remove the new flashers. It was the last thing the OP said was done before the flipper issue.  No one has mentioned if they have or have not done this step.

I spoke with him and he did not replace the flashers, but the first post does, just removed the existing to test and the issue persisted. I'm going to stop by in the morning and run through some additional tests.

• It's showtime!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
Both slingshot flashers are plugged into the same node board that runs the flippers, so that's my first stop.

• It's showtime!
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 08:37:47 PM »
Swapped Node 8 with Node 11 and the game is happy. It looks like Node 8 can't handle the demand of all the large coils and is doing alright as the new Node 11. It will probably need to be replaced at some point, but we beat on the game pretty good today and it helped up nicely.