Author Topic: Game of Thrones LE Flippers intermittently quit  (Read 241 times)

Offline randyman

• Level 1: Arrival
Game of Thrones LE Flippers intermittently quit
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:43:16 PM »
I've got a GOT LE that just started acting up.  Basically when multiball is in play (sometimes just a single ball), the left and right flippers (upper and lower) just lose power to them.  I've replaced the front flashers (LED only) and checked the connections on the opto trough board.  Other flashers check good on bulb test.
Any other ideas?

Offline hawknole

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Super Jackpot!
Re: Game of Thrones LE Flippers intermittently quit
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 11:45:50 PM »
A strange one & not sure why you refer to your flashers, are they in the same line as the flippers?  Do you only lose power when flashers are on? 

Possibly a loose connector in the backbox?
Pins: LotR, MBrSE, BoP, IJ...
Arcade:  Retropie

Offline busa32927

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 08:50:20 AM »
it sounds like a loose connector.  if u think it is the flasher the n remove the flasher and see if it works.  btw did u use  12volt flasher? 
vids:  MK3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

WTB: Candy Cab, Stargate, and KISS

pins: TWD, ST prem, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem, GoT, BM66 prem, GB, Woz, The Hobbit, BSD, JP(stern), Firepower, Iron Maiden, tmnt, sttng

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ

Offline Centaur Brother

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »
Sounds like a loose connector.  My Avengers drop targets acted up in a similar manor and unplugged the connector and reconnected, it works great now. Same issue on ACDC this past weekend, right sling shot worked on and off, loose connector. 
Good luck and keep us posted.
iPinball 223 E Main St, Tavares, Fl 32778

"Keep On Flippin"

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »
This is impacting the flippers only and typically when there is high action.

- Adjusted power supply to 48V, no change
- Disconnected aftermarket sub, no change
- Disconnected aftermarket Shaker, no change

I'm down to Node 8 or the power supply itself and will report back when I figure it out.
How many points is "TILT"?

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
Provided you don't find a loose connector sounds to me like note 8 is in overcurrent especially if it's high coil action when it happens, and if that's true and the power supply was adjusted UP towards 48 volts the problem is probably worse as with an increase in voltage you will increase the amperage as the resistance of the coil remains unchanged, I'm willing to bet there's an LED light on the node board for an overcurrent situation I'm wondering if you can stick your phone in the bottom of the cabinet on video pointed towards the node board and vigorously hit the flippers until they stop maybe you can capture an led light coming on the node board. I think node 8 and node 9 are the same, you can check in the manual if they have the same part number, so you can readress them on the dip switches and switch the boards but I would try that last. Furthermore if you switch the note boards and it's still happening my gases you have most likely an intermittent short to ground on the upper flippers that would be the first place I looked
its 100%? lol

Offline busa32927

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 10:57:21 AM »
i have had a lot of strange issues with games when the wrong voltage of bulb is installed. i dont think the spike systems use 12 volt flashers.  if you have a 12 volt flasher installed i would remove them and see if  you have flipper issues.
vids:  MK3, KI 1, ms pac,  60n1, 246/256 (tekken 5 and soul calibur), lethal enforcers, PP 1&2, robotron, joust w/jrok

pins: TWD, ST prem, ACDC prem, SW(stern) prem, GoT, BM66 prem, GB, Woz, The Hobbit, BSD, JP(stern), Firepower, Iron Maiden, tmnt, sttng

past pins: TFTC,  MSF, PotC, PotO, BK2K, DM, LAH, BoP, LotR, Hook, Spiderman, GoT, Metallica, IMdn, Munsters, Grand Lizard, WhirlWind, BKSOR, Alice Cooper, RZ

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 11:00:35 AM »
i have had a lot of strange issues with games when the wrong voltage of bulb is installed. i dont think the spike systems use 12 volt flashers.  if you have a 12 volt flasher installed i would remove them and see if  you have flipper issues.
aren't the "flashers" actually 6v on the slings? Been a while since one of mine fell out.
its 100%? lol

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 11:12:49 AM »
Node 8 and 11 have the same part number according to the manual and may be swappable. Plus it's says flashers and regular lighting is all the same voltage, I know comet supplies them gi therefore I'd assume the flasher need tobe 6v, I'm with busa, removing whatever flashers you swapped out as you may have inadvertently used the wrong voltage ones in those socket crating an overcurrent situation.

EDIT: I didn't realize schematics were actually posted for spike to sterns site, they are by node board. I just looked at node 8 and Led voltage for ALL bulbs is 6v. Check your flashers as busa suggested
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:24:32 AM by Wisefwumyogwave »
its 100%? lol

Offline busa32927

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
yes 6v flashers. 

• It's showtime!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
Not a lot of flashers in this game.

235  Sword Lock
236  Right Ramp
237  Pop Bumpers
242  Left Loop
243  Battering Ram
244  Left/Right Sling
245  Throne

• It's showtime!
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 12:04:44 PM »

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »
its 100%? lol

• It's showtime!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 12:23:58 PM »
Schematic says 6! Lol

Yep.. part number lookups show 5V so it's nice and confusing.

Offline Wisefwumyogwave

• There is no spoon
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 12:33:04 PM »
Blackwater multiball flashes those slingshot flashers like crazy he also said it happens in single ball play sometimes, I would assume this is during a winter is coming if this little flasher theory pans out, randy man start up a winter is coming hurry up by shooting the white blueish shots until it activates and report back about your flippers during that mode, just a thought
its 100%? lol