Author Topic: Need Transmission Delivered From Orlando To Wesley Chapel  (Read 903 times)

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Need Transmission Delivered From Orlando To Wesley Chapel
« on: October 27, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
I need a RAV4 transmission picked up at JDM Orlando at 10255 General Drive in Orlando and delivered to me in Wesley Chapel, FL for my mechanic to do repair.

Will be glad to pay someone that can pick up and bring to me anytime from now to end of November. Mechanic will be doing the transmission swap for me Dec 1st.

This weighs 220 lbs so lighter than "most" pinballs LOL.

They are also "DRY" so no fluids should leak. Probably comes on small pallet.

If you can help, PM me.

Thanks,
CuJo
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: Need Transmission Delivered From Orlando To Wesley Chapel
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »
What Happened the Toyota SUV ? Please tell me you didn't get rid of it..   I am heading to/from orlando, but i don't have a car big enough and dirty enough to hall it.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline CUJO

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 11:42:08 AM »
No, RAV4 still in driveway with additional issue. It needs a new KNOCK SENSOR. Toyota wants $300 for the part and $400 labor to install. I bought the part on Amazon for $16 but it's above my pay grade to put this part in (inside or under intake manifold) Dumb design. So paid Toyota $150 for a complete diagnosis and yep, they said the transmission had an internal failure which I knew anyway. I did this so I could go back at eBay seller that gives 90 Day warranty but guess what? I have to pay mechanic $600 to remove bad tranny so I can send the $500 transmission back and then I have to take a chance on another used transmission ($500 includes mechanic installing 2nd try).
Meanwhile my $500 is tied up in Paypal/Ebay dispute. I'm also out the $675 it cost to install defective transmission. And I still have the knock sensor that will need to be done which cannot be reached even with the transmission out of car.

So short answer is yes, I may try another transmission from Orlando but won't need it until I get more info on dispute and mechanic gets back from month long trip (Dec 2nd).

Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Online k7

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 05:57:19 PM »
what year RAV 4? probably worth what you're doing, used cars have tripled in value in the last 6 months.

you can trick a knock sensor, depends on the engine, your usage, and some other things.

and, if it's just a knock sensor code, ignore it. again...depends on vehicle.

what was the original tranny problem vs the used drop in's problem?
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 09:55:08 AM »
I meant What Happened to the "Isuzu Ascender" lol..

.. as for RAV4 Transmission, just take it to a NON-STEALER repair shop that has a reputable history, Not a "Chain" repair facility, they will probably just take out your transmission, and send it to another transmission shop..

RAV4(s) still have a pretty solid resale value, if the exterior and interior is in good shape, still worth sticking 1-2K in repairs into it..

Typical Transmission Rebuild is $1000... However, if its just a "Short" that's a $300 repair tops, get it towed to a transmission facility. not the car stealer.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline CUJO

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
what year RAV 4? probably worth what you're doing, used cars have tripled in value in the last 6 months.

you can trick a knock sensor, depends on the engine, your usage, and some other things.

and, if it's just a knock sensor code, ignore it. again...depends on vehicle.

what was the original tranny problem vs the used drop in's problem?
2006 Rav4 Sport 2.4L 2WD
Original transmission shredded itself internally.
Drop in tranny won't go into Drive..also seems to shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd way too soon.
Toyota service diags and tech told me it was internal issues with the used tranny from Japan.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 10:53:48 AM »
I meant What Happened to the "Isuzu Ascender" lol..

.. as for RAV4 Transmission, just take it to a NON-STEALER repair shop that has a reputable history, Not a "Chain" repair facility, they will probably just take out your transmission, and send it to another transmission shop..

RAV4(s) still have a pretty solid resale value, if the exterior and interior is in good shape, still worth sticking 1-2K in repairs into it..

Typical Transmission Rebuild is $1000... However, if its just a "Short" that's a $300 repair tops, get it towed to a transmission facility. not the car stealer.

Still have the Ascender...most used as a "POD" in the driveway LOL but runs good still.

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
Still have the Ascender...most used as a "POD" in the driveway LOL but runs good still.

i will buy you a pod to replace it :D

Offline CUJO

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 07:01:35 PM »
i will buy you a pod to replace it :D
HaHa therein  lies the rub. Can't keep a POD in my driveway for any length of time due to HOA so AscendorPOD.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »
Ok, my mechanic is back in town, ready for this tranny.
So I reach out to anyone heading to Wesley Chapel or nearby to drop it off after pickup.
The pickup location is:

JDM Wholesale
10255 General Drive
Orlando, FL 32824

Looks like its 89 miles each way from my door in Wesley Chapel. My mechanic is about 4 miles from me which is where I need it to be delivered.

PM me if you have plans tomorrow or Friday that inc a round trip or one way trip from ORL to TAMPA..Will compensate $$$.
Thanks!
Weight: 221 lbs so about a Stern pinball in weight. It'll be on a small wood pallet, drained and can be loaded into SUV, pickup etc.

Update: Having it delivered. They offered a decent courier fee.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:33:31 PM by CUJO »