Author Topic: My Covid Story  (Read 2215 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: My Covid Story
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
JD Edwards software meets the demands for a modern and simplified user experience.

my dumbazz upper management bought that pile of crap.  :-X
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »
JD Edwards software meets the demands for a modern and simplified user experience.

my dumbazz upper management bought that pile of crap.  :-X

We have buttons on some of our web pages that say "Recalculate Statistics" - with a warning that it may take 24-48 hours.

This is in case what the page is showing doesn't match other data in reports, or what the customer expects, etc.

Those buttons aren't connected to anything.

Offline k7

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »
"Recalculate Statistics"

This is in case what the page is showing doesn't match other data in reports, or what the customer expects, etc.

Those buttons aren't connected to anything.

that's more genius than anything jd edwards put to market.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 11:26:44 AM »
Side note.. I hate staying at home..  I also starting streaming online... lack of social interaction is starting to make me go "crazy"

Party at hamsters!

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »
Pretty much... I have done whatever I can to offer help and advice but gave up.

I cant make anyone do anything.

Cant fix stupid as they say.

Yeah.. we've come to the same conclusion. It's sad when you realize your parents have become dumb, they didn't used to be like that so it must just be getting older and not caring.

Funny thing is my mom has seen the light now. She's "i'm never going outside again!!!!" yeah well.. told you so.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 11:29:24 AM »
I don't want to wear masks the rest of our lives

Unless it's this one, right? :)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 11:30:57 AM »
got it mid June and my sense of smell is still maybe half what it was. It's really disappointing and it has changed my appetite quite a bit. When it first hit me it wasn't too bad. I had a rough day at work where I started getting really nauseous and dizzy and felt like I was drunk. Went home and took a nap and woke up with a fever. That lasted for a couple days then the same annoying mild cough. Luckily my wife and kids didn't get it.
I got really into bourbon since this happened and I've been craving it non stop. There's this weird lingering smell I get that is hard to describe. It's like this sweet vanilla and chemically smell but it's also similar to some of the flavors in the bourbon I like. I thought it was bizarre but in a reddit bourbon group some others were describing having the same experience! it's very strange and who knows what the long term affects this will have on me. I just wish my smell was back to normal but if that's the worst of it than I shouldn't complain when others have lost family.

Yeah thats weird about the sense of taste stuff. My wife thinks she lost it for a day or so but her sense of taste sucks. I keep feeding her increasingly spicier hot snacks and sauces but never get a reaction.

I'm happy I never got that. Hopefully yours returns as some point but yeah it's better than having your kidneys fail or something.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 11:31:42 AM »
It really is. My company makes terrible products. 30% of my job is apologizing for the products.

We've got both a company mission statement and a vision statement though!

Last company I had would hype our their core values constantly.

Management then broke them daily.

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »

Funny thing is my mom has seen the light now. She's "i'm never going outside again!!!!" yeah well.. told you so.

This is pretty much the deal.

All the "its a hoax" people or those that dont care just dont know anyone who got it bad enough to make them care. Or they just dont care about their own health or anyone elses.

Until it affects some people directly they just wont give a shit.

I know enough people who got their ass kicked to know I dont want to get it...

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2020, 05:59:16 PM »
All the "its a hoax" people

I've seen a lot of this online.

"I don't know anyone who's had it!" - yeah, you know like 3 people.

Offline Steve O

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2020, 08:36:55 PM »
I've seen a lot of this online.

"I don't know anyone who's had it!" - yeah, you know like 3 people.

I know some people with the same "I don't know anyone who has had it".  There have been at least a dozen people at work who have contracted it.  One confirmed death from it with another death that may have been from Covid.

I'm in my sixties and definitely do not want to chance contracting it.

Offline Baiter

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2020, 01:35:54 AM »
Interesting to hear all these stories, and glad nothing was too serious with anyone.

I have a coworker who contracted it in mid March.  She was in the hospital/ICU for 6 weeks, and the lethargy afterwards didn't allow her to get back to work until mid July.... that's 3 months out of commission!  She's mostly recovered at this point, and obviously this isn't a regular flu. 

The scary thing is contracting it is like playing Russian Roulette... it may do nothing, it may kill you, or somewhere in between.  Be safe!
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 04:16:39 PM »
The scary thing is contracting it is like playing Russian Roulette... it may do nothing, it may kill you, or somewhere in between.  Be safe!

That's the big problem.

For most people it will probably be nothing but it's still taking a chance.

Offline sdevdutt41

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2020, 06:48:22 AM »
I tried to avoid large groups were you can't keep 6 feet distance, and I always wear a mask around people i don't know, and or are open about "not caring" ..

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2020, 06:09:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure I had it, Allaya picked it up from me, 1 out of 4 of our kids got a runny nose and brief cough.

This was back in February, and Covid wasnt here yet officially. My business team was attached to the Microsoft Retail Store at FL Mall, right up the road from Orlando International Airport. We were a tourist mall. Busloads of tourists from all over the world, every day.

I'd been there over 3 years. I saw something I'd never thought I'd see. 40 retail employees, mostly 20's - 40's, many getting hit by a virus...hard! The first one to get it was a 24 year old engager (think greeter, but one that actually knows things) We still call him Patient Zero today. (In jest, we all love this kid) It spread like wildfire. Managers who never get sick were calling out, associates who NEED the paycheck were calling out. 2 people briefly hospitalized with lung problems.

When I got it, It was a normal cold. But a severe one. I've had colds before, but the one that sends me to a doctor is rare. For the first time ever, I was short of breath. That got my attention. The doctor never ran tests, just said I had a severe infection in both lungs, proscribed me several drugs, I took them all. It hung on forever.

Allaya, who has an insane immune system never got as bad as I did, but the fact that she got it at all is amazing. She doesnt get sick.

Covid wasn't here yet, there was no way to get tested, ergo we never had it. =D

Follow up, you would think in a 40 person retail store, SOMEBODY would have gotten the antibody test...well one of the two that were briefly hospitalized did several months ago. They flagged Positive for antibodies, and the last time they were sick? Yup...then.

I want to get the test too, but I dont want to go near doctors offices. We are still pretty much shelter in place, because even if I did have it, that is no guarantee. I've lost several dear friends and relatives to Rona, I dont want to go out until there is a good vaccine.

-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.