Author Topic: 2020 Election Betting Contest  (Read 6869 times)

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: 2020 Election Betting Contest
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 07:20:07 PM »
The "Douchbag" comment was because there were massive riots going on because Trump won and the Dems decided to do a recount after the deadline passed. Keeping the unfounded hope that Hillary could win and the riots fueled. So yes, it was douchy to encourage the riots by dangling the carrot to the animals that Hillary could win (after she conceded no less).

Not seeing too many riots by Trump supporters.

Maybe so (if that is indeed what you meant - not fully qualified) but what is even douchey'ier is floating the idea by multiple people on the so-called right of declaring martial law or using the military to overturn an election.  That's a Pandora's Box really none of us want to see.
Life as we know it would change and this country would be mortally harmed.

If Obama or Hitlery even floated a whiff of that idea or anyone around them did some people on here would go apeshit! 

That (especially in right wing circles and those who consider themselves libertarian minded) used to be a major literal and figurative crossing the Rubicon moment and clarion call to fears of eventual military dictatorship or authoritarianism and the idea is pushed around by a cult leader and on here some don't seem it's worthy of a warning or admonishment.

Offline Chris

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
I think you guys are going to be quite shocked. I'd also wouldn't be surprised if Joe Biden is sworn in, they finally hear some of these in court and completely overturn the election, kicking Biden out.
FFS. Biden won the election. The election was certified. The Supreme Court affirmed it. Period. The campaign had their chance to prove fraud in the courts and they failed miserably. The only recourse left is Congress could attempt some funny business on January 6th, but that is also unlikely to succeed. There is otherwise no "overturning the election" at this point, it's Constitutionally impossible. Hell, the Constitution doesn't even require states to hold presidential elections. Each state could literally flip a coin if they wanted to and that would be fine. In other words, even if a state purposefully rigged the election, there's *still* nothing you can do about the outcome once certified.

see how the USPS union helped Hilary in the 2016 election from your beloved CNN
And that means what exactly, in the context of the 2020 election?

video from 2006 shows smartmatic voting machines being run by Venezuelan officials. A claim that CNN just spun as fake by their "fact-checker".
What does Smartmatic have to do with the 2020 election?
https://www.smartmatic.com/us/smartmatic-fact-checked/

Antrim county in Michigan has so far been the only county that has agreed to a court ordered forensics test of the voting machines. The preliminary report published just a few days ago shows a whopping 68.05% error rate.
This was the result of human error and was fixed. Pretty good explanation here.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/15/trump-fact-check-defect-voting-machines-michigan/3902951001/

Not seeing too many riots by Trump supporters.
That's because most Trump supporters haven't accepted he lost yet. Once the reality sets in, the various "militia" groups may go nuts, as they've alluded to. Will they actually do it, or are they just "crybaby douchebags", that remains to be seen.

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
https://www.scribd.com/document/488080093/Antrim-Michigan-Forensics-Report-121320-PRELIMINARY?secret_password=6tgofj7cUYx1kQwElves
... are you really quoting something from Scribd???  Every time I want to download a document from there (guitar magazines, tab books, etc), I am forced to upload some files of my own to make the download free....  I literally have uploaded dozens of garbage docs over the years.  Perhaps we can find some additional forensic docs on PirateBay?   

But assuming the doc is actually from a law firm, here is a counterpoint to your "forensics" article: 
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/14/michigan-judge-allows-release-report-antrim-county-voting/6537394002/

So yes, it was douchy to encourage the riots by dangling the carrot to the animals that Hillary could win (after she conceded no less).
My thinking on the douchy meter is that a call for a recount pales in comparison to a sitting president trying to overturn an entire presidential election without any evidence.   

Yeah, yeah, I know, its coming, wait and see, its on its way....
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 08:29:54 AM »
... are you really quoting something from Scribd???  Every time I want to download a document from there (guitar magazines, tab books, etc), I am forced to upload some files of my own to make the download free....  I literally have uploaded dozens of garbage docs over the years.  Perhaps we can find some additional forensic docs on PirateBay?   

totally sane and normal response. Doesn't sound unhinged at all.... ;D

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 11:52:07 AM »
totally sane and normal response. Doesn't sound unhinged at all.... ;D
Merely a factual response.  I've uploaded dozens of "garbage" docs to scribd so I can download things I want without signing up.  Most are word docs, with nothing of substance in them.  My point is that anyone can post there, whatever they want, with no fact checking required.

But on to the real point about your claims about voting machine fraud...  This was put out yesterday by Newsmax, now Trump and his followers' favorite news station since Fox told viewers Biden won the election:
https://www.axios.com/newsmax-correction-fox-news-dominion-smartmatic-0886023b-a9fc-42c5-b68f-d8492ad04e5e.html

Apparently folks can lie at will on the air, on social media, etc.  But a threat of a lawsuit brings that "Aha Moment."  Or basically (see prior post):
If you have ANY evidence (other than youtube-breitbart-homemade-out-of-context-BS-"Facts")  BRING IT ON.  Or STFU.
I'll say it again:  BRING THE EVIDENCE TO COURTS, AND PERHAPS YOU WILL NOT CONTINUE TO BE LAUGHED OUT OF THE COURTS FOR HAVING NO EVIDENCE.

Yeah, yeah, I know, its coming, wait and see, its on its way....
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline RussG

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 12:32:29 PM »
QAnon mentality is powerful here.

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2020, 08:57:44 AM »
Looks like the evidence about the millions of dead people voting is now starting to roll in....

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/man-accused-of-illegally-voting-for-trump-under-names-of-dead-mother-and-mother-in-law/2642642/

Offline beepnutz

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
Just curious if anyone actually watched all of the 20 + hours of voter fraud presented by Rudy Giuliani to the different states?

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2020, 09:28:07 AM »
i wqtched the 30 second clip where "someone" farted:

that summed up politics in a simple video. a lot of hot gas, and it all smells like bullsh...  :P
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2020, 05:41:26 PM »
Just curious if anyone actually watched all of the 20 + hours of voter fraud presented by Rudy Giuliani to the different states?
I watched some, but admittedly not much.  Call me a skeptic, but I will not waste my time watching a "legal proceeding, hearing, or deposition," conducted in a hotel ballroom. 
Put them under oath in a courtroom, including the attorneys, broadcast it live, and I will watch.

But I did see/hear Rudy fart.

Offline RussG

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2020, 08:57:34 PM »
Also when asked in numerous courtrooms by Trump lawyers if they were alleging fraud the lawyers including Giuliani fell all over themselves to decline.  They didn't want to perjure themselves or engage in punishments for frivolous lawsuits.
Which to me means this was all for show for the base to gin up anger and resentment at the election results AND glean the opportunity to raise more money from the base for Trump's future PAC (60% to pay off campaign costs, 40% to the RNC and anything over 5k would go to the actual legal defense fund) and possible future lawsuit defense.

Offline beepnutz

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2020, 02:46:03 AM »
As I figured.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2020, 08:51:04 AM »
As I figured.
If you can point me to any videos where evidence is presented under in any legally-binding situation (court room trial, sworn in deposition, grand jury testimony, etc.) I will gladly watch.

I did watch some of the Michigan house oversight committee meeting, which has no legal binding.  My takeaway was still a lack of evidence.

With all the drama and fanfare about the global scale of election fraud, the biggest ever seen in the history of countries and universes, you would think there would be someone smart enough to find and present evidence to support it.  Damn, a detective on Forensic Files found a killer by matching his footprint left in a hotdog bun on the floor of the crime scene.... yet nobody can find evidence of 7 million fraudulent votes?

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 10:52:47 AM »
I agree with a lot of the criticism of how the alleged fraud was presented. The question I ask myself and which I’d be interested in others takes is this:  There are serious allegations of fraud and evidence to support those allegations (evidence doesn’t equal confirmation mind you). What has been done to work through the evidence, discover new evidence, and hold a meaningful process (political or judicial) to determine the truth?  As was pointed out, hotel ballrooms, press conferences, and courts throwing out lawsuits for lack of standing don’t amount to meaningful process to get to the truth.  I think the counter criticism by the Trump supporters that it’s hard to see fraud when you close your eyes has some merit here. At every turn, meaningful investigation and process has been denied.  That’s tragic as 70 million voters on some level now feel the election was fraudulent and that Biden/Harris are illegitimate. This hurts all Americans as it weakens the next President’s effectiveness.  After 4 years of how Trump communicated with America and after 4 years of how the establishment and media did everything they could to delegitimize him, we’re a fractured people. The way that the fraud allegations are being swept under the rug will only worsen that fracture. Why care about a country or culture if you’re convinced it’s corrupt and you have no way to fix it?  That’s where millions of Americans are now. For the good of the country, this should have been investigated properly.  I’m afraid we’re all going to regret that it wasn’t, regardless of how we voted or didn’t vote.