Author Topic: Closet guitar player midlife crisis in action...  (Read 167 times)

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Closet guitar player midlife crisis in action...
« on: December 28, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
So with some time available over the holidays, I started learning how to record guitar-
Here is my attempt at Joe Satriani's "Satch Boogie." (Playing over a backing track).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kWmcHMHGnDaaMRIsX94jk0Jj-tvbY8pd/view?usp=sharing

Feedback welcome, as this is truly my first attempt at recording... and playing in front of people (even though virtual!)
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong JR

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Closet guitar player midlife crisis in action...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 12:52:40 AM »
Impressive axe grinding... Seriously!

This guy's version is almost as good as yours.   ;)

WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Closet guitar player midlife crisis in action...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 03:51:50 PM »
nice job man.. not the easiest stuff to play.

My band in college used to play Always with me Always with you and I always dreaded it because I was bound to screw up somewhere.  :P

There is one recording that exists of it live from 1988 and I totally cock up one part.

Only feedback would be to always work on the finesse stuff like bending and vibrato because that is where your personal sound will come from.

And play your own music as much as possible or just improvise over backing tracks on you tube so you are expressing yourself and not just copying someone.