Author Topic: Review: STK in Orlando  (Read 194 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Review: STK in Orlando
« on: January 15, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »

So we were in Orlando over the Holidays and decided to do something a little nice. We were originally going to eat at the Canada steak house in Epcot but that was full.. so we found another overpriced option not too far away in Downtown Disney.

STK is trendy steak house that was apparently started in Las Vegas. I guess they have a gimmick where it's part Restaurant part Club or something but given the COVID there was no dancing or frivolity.. just good ole' socially distanced eating.

Service was fine, I had no complaints. Waiter was nice and attentive throughout also apparently knowledgeable about Steaks because he kept trying to talk to me about Steaks which was fine but at a point it's like OK man got the point.. but still, no complaints.

For dinner I ordered something I hadn't had before, Waygu or Wagu or whatever it's called Steak. It was shockingly good, I can see what all the fuss is about. Would definitely try again. Wife had a shrimp dish which she didn't like, so there's that.. but she has to take some of the blame for not eating Steak because the place is called STK. So if you go, order a Steak.

If there's a negative its the pricing. Well it's downtown disney, it's a steak house.. of course you are getting reemed here. The food isn't horribly overpriced maybe just the typical 15%-20% you see on everything at Disney. What blew me away was the price of the cocktails. $22 for a drink. Now these were your typical artisan cocktails but nothing more special than that.. normal decent liquor not 100 year old scotch rescued from the hold of the Titanic or anything like that. Now I've had overpriced cocktails in resutants in New York City, London and other expensive places but I've never seen them hit $22. It's also kind of a dumb move as I'm definitely not ordering a 2nd at that price so overall you are out money.

Overall I had a good time, I can recommend it if you are at Disney and want something decent and don't feel like driving to a more reasonably priced option.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: Review: STK in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:10:06 AM »
I've been here. I enjoyed it.

It was pre-COVID and the place was a lot of fun.

The only real complaint I can think of is that we had a reservation and STILL had to wait forever to be seated. And while waiting, I dropped close to $200.00 at the bar downstairs on about 6 drinks.  :roll:

Once seated upstairs, we had a great time. The music was loud and trendy ranging from dance music to country to old school hip hop to current pop hits. Some may not like this as it was loud and club-like and didn't exactly mimic a fine-dining experience. Our waiters were amazing and fun, at times singing songs with us at our table.

The food was excellent, as it better be for the prices they are charging. I will definitely go back here the next time I am in Disney Springs (which I hope is not soon).

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 10:41:01 AM »
Went to the STK in Atlanta about a month ago. Crazy loud so hard to have a conversation and we asked to be seated where it was the quietest (plenty of seating as it was a weekday). Just like others have said, food was good, drinks were expensive. There is a public parking lot right across the street (must pay of course). Our hostess warned us that cars constantly get broken into and there was a shooting there the week prior. There was a new Vette, Bentley and a Rolls amongst other vehicles so I felt safe my F150 would not be a target :P. We also went to a Cajun place and the guard was wearing full body armor. Kind of glad we don't live in Atlanta anymore...
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR.
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:45:49 AM »
Went to the STK in Atlanta about a month ago. Crazy loud so hard to have a conversation and we asked to be seated where it was the quietest (plenty of seating as it was a weekday).

Why do places do this? even bars...

I cant stand places where the music is stupid loud so you are yelling the whole time.

There are a bunch of places locally that always have those dudes playing Eagles and Jimmy Buffet covers way too loud on acoustic guitar, fuck them too.  :P