Author Topic: Hyde park area dining guide  (Read 1071 times)

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Hyde park area dining guide
« on: January 17, 2021, 11:51:38 AM »
Since someone mentioned Berns I figured I would throw this up here

I lived within two blocks of Hyde Park and ate everywhere over the couple years I was there.

Should you happen to go there here are the places worth going to (short list)

Bar Taco -long wait (they have an app for texting you so you can call ahead) but always good

On Swann- about the only more upscale place worth the money with a more adventurous menu

Sprinkles- Cupcakes etc. They have red velvet ice cream thing which is a whole cupcake smashed up and mixed with ice cream.  :roll:

Goody Goody- Kinda meh but at least its cheap and more dinery

Pretty much every other place I would avoid... they are mostly way too expensive due to location and rarely worth it (Timpanos would be #1 on that avoid list but I guess it closed, Wine exchange #2 bleh)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Hyde park area dining guide
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 04:06:18 PM »
Bar Taco is fine, been there a few times.

I also like Goodys, its a greasy burger place but the burgers are pretty good and I like that Sherbert drink thing they have.

We did the Sprinkles in Downtown Disney and its pretty good but I mean its a cupcake hard to go wrong there.

I do like South Tampa but it's a bit of a hike for me.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:05:26 PM »
Bar Taco was VERY good until they switched out the Chorizo to a less spicy version.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 07:38:10 PM »
Bar Taco was VERY good until they switched out the Chorizo to a less spicy version.

They will probably change back... they try new things all the time and sometimes go back if people complain.

Talk to the manager about stuff...  they actually listen to their customers. Place is well managed.

I dont miss a single thing about Hyde park except bar taco (they can kiss my ass for charging $12 for a tiny margarita though)

Offline polinkuer12

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 10:18:18 PM »
They no longer use Chorizo!