Author Topic: King of Diamonds  (Read 688 times)

Offline hawknole

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Super Jackpot!
King of Diamonds
« on: February 06, 2021, 08:49:54 PM »

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Re: King of Diamonds
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:19:47 AM »
Yes folks, 3 years in the making,  KING OF DIAMONDS is finally back to operating correctly.  The game resisted, was as stubborn as a mule and probably haunted to the point of refusing to work no matter how many hours I attempted to return it to the living.
 Big Tanks to all who risked their very lives in the pursuit of Gottlieb Goodness!
 Big Thanks to K7 and Frank and all the rest over their at Wilde Dave's pinball emporium,of course DONNIE GREYWOLF for superior handling between the stops and also that HAWKNOLE fella for reinforcement that Im probably NOT nuts and that the game actually may have worked  once !
 THis game was definately a team effort so thanks to all who helped me on the restore.
 Bumper caps are off because Im going to replace the light sockets in them and I am waiting for the parts to arrive!
FILM by HAWKNOLE

Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »
Where was that final gremlin hiding out??

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:28:56 AM »
i think one is still hiding. and waiting. little things just came up time after time.

neat game. off the top of my head:

*broken weld for card mechanism in backbox.

*missing cotter pin on score motor.

*bad contact on switches. replaced.

*wrong relay mechanism, i think on the bonus relay.

*dirty relays, multiple locations.

*cold solder on a relay stack or 2.

biggest issue? those 2 inch flippers. fred was unwilling to fix that. ;)

beautiful example, nice work on the rehab of this one, weeze.

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 02:25:02 PM »
well thank YOU , you guys saved my ass on that game. Here it is totally redone and my game wont start!
 As Commander Cody once sang"Here I sit, all alone with a broken heart.
I took three bennies, and my semi truck wont start" Great Album Great group.
 I think IBIS took a look at that game one day at my house, either that or the HURDY GURDY which after one more round with that may be going to those magicians over there too.
 So thanks to IBIS to.
 THe whole village worked on this one it seems :) so thanks to everybody except the large flipper association of cumquats and assorted wombats.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »
well thank YOU , you guys saved my ass on that game. Here it is totally redone and my game wont start!
 As Commander Cody once sang"Here I sit, all alone with a broken heart.
I took three bennies, and my semi truck wont start" Great Album Great group.
 I think IBIS took a look at that game one day at my house, either that or the HURDY GURDY which after one more round with that may be going to those magicians over there too.
 So thanks to IBIS to.
 THe whole village worked on this one it seems :) so thanks to everybody except the large flipper association of cumquats and assorted wombats.
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 02:30:53 PM »
I have NO idea how that posted twice. just one more haunted action connected to this haunted game. sorry
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 08:00:53 AM »
Weeze, can I come play your games? It occurs to me that I may have never actually met you. I love your games though.
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 09:05:57 AM »
Weeze, can I come play your games? It occurs to me that I may have never actually met you. I love your games though.

Let him play your games but charge him to pet Betsy.

Offline DK

• Account retired
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 01:08:48 PM »
Nice KOD!

Offline Weeze

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 04:23:40 PM »
trying to "catch up" here after being exiled for a month.
ARCHITECT, youre more then welcome anytime. OF course there are times when half the collection isnt working, such as, oh you know, right now! I pulled a game out for a minor adjustment that was way over in the far corner from the door. Of course I had to move almost ALL of the games out to get to it,
Now, since I got to it might as well due any minor crap to the other games as I go by them. NOw I have two down the hall in Bedroom number 2, one in the master bedroom and 2 in the garage, The game room has a few but thery are pushed here and there and playfields up in the air and I cant believe what I did to myself. 
Plus Ive started a restore on a game that is going to be harder and longer to do then any restore Ive done before.Throw in Novembers neck operation and the pain of bending over to work on games and Ive made myself a real mess that may take me a year or more to rectify. What I really nees is a EM tech to come to my place for a day, maybe 2 but I doubt it and whip all these games back into starting condition as they problems are all minor.
 god I can make a great mess!
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.