Author Topic: Wendy's Chicken Sandwich, is it back?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Wendy's Chicken Sandwich, is it back?
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:11:36 PM »
Back in the day Wendy's Chicken Sandwich was S-Class, easily up there with Chick-Fil-As. Then about 20 years ago something happened and it got bad.. real bad and there's pretty much where it's been.

They've been advertising the "new" classic Chicken Sandwich recently.

Has anyone tried it? I don't much go to Wendys anymore, most of their food is expensive and the cheap stuff is well, not very good.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Wendy's Chicken Sandwich, is it back?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 03:55:11 PM »
Back in the day Wendy's Chicken Sandwich was S-Class, easily up there with Chick-Fil-As. Then about 20 years ago something happened and it got bad.. real bad and there's pretty much where it's been.

They've been advertising the "new" classic Chicken Sandwich recently.

Has anyone tried it? I don't much go to Wendys anymore, most of their food is expensive and the cheap stuff is well, not very good.

Probably been more than a decade since I had Wendy's but I remember getting the spicy chicken sandwich and enjoying it. I think I liked the BK Broiler chicken sandwich better though. Probably should try the new Wendy's... na, it won't happen.  ;D
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 06:29:42 PM »
Yeah, it was always the spicy chicken sandwich rather than the regular one.

I hadn't noticed a change in quality, last time I had one it was good, but nothing amazing. Good for fast food for sure though. That was sometime in 2019 though, haven't had one since then.

It's either the spicy chicken sandwich or the 4 for $4 deal (may no longer exist) when I go to Wendy's.

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 06:39:38 PM »
i want to try the popeye's chicken sandwich that was causing fights pre-covid, but zero interest in "new" wendy's sandwiches...i get the jr bacon chicken sandwich at wendys' with a large coke zero lime.

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »
i want to try the popeye's chicken sandwich that was causing fights pre-covid, but zero interest in "new" wendy's sandwiches...i get the jr bacon chicken sandwich at wendys' with a large coke zero lime.

I posted about the Popeyes one before but basically it's Popeyes consistency problems that scuttle that. First one I had was freakin' amazing, got a 2nd and it was very very not amazing.

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 11:11:05 PM »
I posted about the Popeyes one before but basically it's Popeyes consistency problems that scuttle that. First one I had was freakin' amazing, got a 2nd and it was very very not amazing.

Popeyes got tons of hype I think just because it was gigantic ( at least the few I had) but wasnt that great.

I still say Chi fil A spicy deluxe with the pepper jack cheez like substance is the best one... even though it is a chemical bomb.

And its actually pretty spicy by fast food standards.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »
Well through not fault of my own ended up at a Wendys yesterday so tried the 'new' classic chicken sandwich.

The short answer is no, no it's not anything like the original. It's also not very good. Perhaps better than say a Checkers chicken sandwich but that's not saying much.

Maybe it's slight improvement over whatever they were selling recently but I haven't had a Chicken sandwich at Wendys is probably 15 years because they were garbage and after this weekend probably won't do so again for another 15 unless something radically changes.

Offline tufnel1530

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 02:36:44 PM »
I dont mind Wendys burgers but I cant see even trying chicken there

BTW Mc Donalds new "spicy" is just the southern with a spicy sauce on it.. thats kinda lame.

This weird looking kid has reviews of all manner of fast food.

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »
I rarely go, and only at my daughter's behest. But, when it can't be avoided, I get the spicy chicken sandwich and it's acceptable. Not bad, not great.

Offline Big Al

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 07:34:08 AM »
I dont mind Wendys burgers but I cant see even trying chicken there

BTW Mc Donalds new "spicy" is just the southern with a spicy sauce on it.. thats kinda lame.

This weird looking kid has reviews of all manner of fast food.

So, I’m sitting around drinking a few beers and decided to watch the guy in tufnel’s video.

The guy on the video was actually very good. He showed all the 5 main competitors chick sandwiches and even took the bun off and showed ehat cones on them and evaluated the crunch and the overall sandwiches.

I thought it was good cuz’ I didn’t have to eat 5 sandwiches to find out which one sounds the best ...I’d bet I saved a few pounds and eating stuff I didn’t like just by watching.

I think I wanna definitely try the Popeyes one!

Crunch on,
Big Al

Offline tufnel1530

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 08:06:06 AM »
I can give you one not to try...

Chic Fil A grilled spicy they just came out with... I tried it twice and both times got a weird chewy piece of grilled chicken.

The flavor is good and its plenty spicy but the chicken is gross.

Stick with the chemical injected regular sandwich there.  :P