Author Topic: CRT TV Repair?  (Read 237 times)

Offline LILJOE8086

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
CRT TV Repair?
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:01:38 PM »
I was referred here to see if there are any techs that work on CRT TV's. I got a Samsung 16:9 CRT that has a blurry picture. Is there anyone in Central Florida that I could get in contact with that might be able to fix this?

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: CRT TV Repair?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 10:42:58 PM »
Well we got the name, we need to know what size it is, model number and manufacture date, even a picture might help of the back of it. Can you handle that?
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline LILJOE8086

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:28:15 PM »
Here ya go

Offline LILJOE8086

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 11:30:26 PM »
Here is another one.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 01:21:16 AM »
OK, a picture of the back of the actual TV set would’ve been nice so I could direct you as to exactly where to place the adjustment tool, but you will have to figure that out on your own. See the pictures below and the top one adjust the focus (probably the one that needs a little adjustment), the middle one is a finer focus, and the bottom one adjust the brightness, don’t get that one too high, it will distort the picture. That TV has a test menu built-in and you can get a cross hatch pattern on the screen if you wish to adjust the focus sections. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:29:41 AM by FUNWIZ »
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 08:55:08 AM »
The TX-T3093WH is an LCD TV.. It doesn't have a FlyBack.. If blurry, it probably needs new caps, however, being a 30" tv, you would be better just replacing it with a newer LCD Tv.

http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom]

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 10:47:48 AM »
Ya might want to reread the specs again. Here’s what I got from the manual and spec sheet on the number that I looked up. It does resemble a flat screen LCD TV. Maybe the three that google popped up was completely wrong, but the post is asking about a CRT, and the search showed the same, maybe I goofed in my search.

The Samsung TX-T3093WH 30" Widescreen SlimFit Digital HDTV is a 16:9 aspect ratio integrated HDTV with a finer pixel dot pitch flat CRT measuring only two thirds the depth of conventional tube TVs. Looking very much like a miniature DLP or Plasma TV the Samsung TX-T3093WH is an astounding breakthrough in television engineering.

You get the exquisite picture of the best high definition tube television. This TV sits securely on shallow shelving previously the exclusive domain of expensive fixed pixel displays. The modern design of a dark bezel framed in metallic tones will jazz-up any decor.
Slim Depth CRT
Any way you measure it, be it one-third thinner or two-thirds the depth of the conventional high-definition flat CRT, it is a sleek beauty you cannot take your eyes off from.

Offline k7

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 07:19:14 PM »
...any way you measure it, be it one-third thinner or two-thirds the depth of the conventional high-definition flat CRT, it is a sleek beauty you cannot take your eyes off from.

i can. :P

replace the whole thing  :)

if it was a 1982 panasonic, i'd be all in on fixing one. but that samsung is just too new and too common to save, in my humble opinion.

if you drive to boynton, i'll GIVE you a HDMI tv.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:09:39 AM »
I know HD CRTs are rare but is there a point to them? From what I've read they aren't particularly good for gaming due to refresh rates.. plus most of the games that make use of HD will look better on a more modern display anyway, it's the SD stuff you want CRTs for.