Author Topic: Daft Punk Breaks Up  (Read 952 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Daft Punk Breaks Up
« on: February 22, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »
Daft Punk, one of the most influential and popular groups to emerge in the past 30 years, have announced their retirement via a video titled “Epilogue” posted Monday morning. The duo’s longtime publicist, Kathryn Frazier, officially confirmed the split to Variety and declined to provide further details.

The eight-minute clip features the duo — Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo — who for many years have concealed their features behind a robot concept, walking around the desert, wearing in their familiar space helmets and leather jackets. After a few moments, one of the members looks at the other, removes his jacket and reveals an energy pack on the back. The other touches a button on the pack. The first member walks away quickly, and then explodes.

Welp, that was pretty much the only 'mainstream' band I actually liked.. so i guess top40 is completely dead to me now.

Offline stf

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Daft Punk Breaks Up
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 12:26:28 PM »
It sucks. I was waiting for a cameo at the superbowl, maybe that's the explanation.
There were not very productive anyway. Hopefully they will both keep producing other artists and Thomas will do some more rough technoish records like he did in the 90s

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 09:22:37 AM »
Considering both of them have their own record labels, i'm sure there was conflicts on the business side outside of daft punk.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Online k7

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 10:39:54 PM »
maybe they stayed up all night and didn't get lucky?
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 08:00:28 PM »
maybe they stayed up all night and didn't get lucky?

lol.

I just googled a few months ago why it was taking them so damned long to make a new album.. now we know.

Random Access Memories remains one of my favorite albums of the last 20 years.. although if once again you only count albums that got play on a mainstream radio, I haven't heard that many to compare it with.