Author Topic: Ole Red in Orlando  (Read 1499 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Ole Red in Orlando
« on: April 20, 2021, 05:01:38 PM »

Last weekend we hit up Blake Shelton's Restaurant Ole Red in Orlando (next to the big Eye Ferris wheel)

Ambience - Typical themed restaurant lay out but nicely done. The wife pointed out it was more 'Nashville' than 'Oklahoma' which it was. Live music is a big part of the restaurant with a big stage front and center. I don't even like Country music but the band was really good, they had a fiddle player so they went through every song with a heavy violin part you could think of like Devil Went down to Georgia through Thunderstruck. Either way I was entertained.

Food - Nothing else matters if the food sucks but the food was surprisingly good. We had the 'redneck' poutine as an appetizer and it was the first poutine I've tried that I've actually liked. The Pulled Pork Sandwich was also really good and reminded me of the amazing one I had in Memphis.. although it wasn't anywhere near that good.. but still solid and up there as far as pulled pork sandwiches.

You definitely pay the Orlando tax here. The food wasn't too bad, about $12-$15 for a sandwich.. so not that far over what you'd expect to pay elsewhere. Like STK the drinks were silly overpriced.. the mixed drinks were like $18 but what really got me was the Beers were $15. I was just at Wrestlemania and the beers were only $14 there. Needless to say we decided to drink elsewhere.

Still overall good place and recommended if you are in the area.

Offline Big Al

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Ole Red in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 09:21:13 AM »
I heard about this place and was wondering how it was.

Thx fir the review.

Happy gaming,
Big Al

Offline gbert27455

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 02:21:30 AM »
Thank you for your very detailed review of Blake Shelton's Ole Red Restaurant. I really want to visit this address
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:23:05 AM by gbert27455 »

Offline offset

• Level 1: Arrival
  • offset on KLOV also
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 12:58:41 PM »
On my list of places to visit in Orlando.

Last time I was in Nashville (Fall 2023) it was crazy busy and I think we just ate at whatever had an open table (it wasn't a popular place).  Oddly enough when I was in Nashville I swear I heard less Country than I expected.  I think I heard someone say that modern Country is like what the 80's used to be to us old people, just a mix of different styles of music at country venues with line dancing, etc.  Not sure how true that is, but Nashville had a different vibe than what I expected for my first visit.