Author Topic: Opening up a wood/design studio!  (Read 187 times)

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
Opening up a wood/design studio!
« on: February 12, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »
look like im going to start hunkering down and building like an elf in santas workshop. sierras been drafting some stuff on sketchup. its a free program that allows you to design whatever youd like. this offers us that compatibility to let you design whatever youd like and port it directly to us to bring it to life in meta form!

the only limits to what we can build/offer is ones imagination and the amount of money thrown at it. a positive thing though is ive been value engineering builds from the age of 21. whether it be a home, small project, or something extremely meaningful that requires the design help or creativity from another source.

ive also been doinbg some light traveling to do some personal gameroom remodeling. the work so far has been for 5 friends/village people, and also from 3 different arcades. ive got some cool ideas that id like implement into a gameroom here in the future. secret bookcase doorways, built in/hidden lighting, floating valences for defusing direct light on glass.

if you have a project your not sure we can produce for you please reach out anyways, who knows? ill have more info soon as this has been quite an undertaking to set it all up properly.
Thank you, Joe G/ARC
empty......

on loan from the DK/MMM  < main man mueller

cowpoke, shadow, quickdraw, jumping jack,

theres also a demoman here too

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Opening up a wood/design studio!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
Joe sounds all very cool.

Do you have any pictures of your ideas or anything to illustrate.

I would love to see it!

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »
yes, post your designs to date  :)

i'd love to do a hidden doorway, but in my home setup, you would open up the hidden doorway to....the yard. :P

in the years of doing high end custom shower enclosures (michael vick, the rock, several miami dolphins, like incognito, and just wealthy ass folks) and several bar designs, i cannot begin to tell you of the neat designs some of these people had done to their homes, or that we did.

the rock's home gym? check.

hidden rooms? check.

hidden elevator? check.

a 3/4 inch broken glass walkway on the 3rd floor with nothing underneath? check...lol.

mirrored EVERYTHING in a bathroom? check. it was bad. welcome to a syfy movie, like cube 2.

bar backsplashes? um...about 100. go hit the lauderdale strip. my neon work is down there as well.

starlight 3/8 mirror in a shower? check. that failed in a year, as we told the homeowner it would.

revolving 1/2 inch shower door? we did it. that was a DUMB design by a DUMB contractor. :P
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline the architect

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 02:36:05 PM »
yes, post your designs to date  :)

i'd love to do a hidden doorway, but in my home setup, you would open up the hidden doorway to....the yard. :P

in the years of doing high end custom shower enclosures (michael vick, the rock, several miami dolphins, like incognito, and just wealthy ass folks) and several bar designs, i cannot begin to tell you of the neat designs some of these people had done to their homes, or that we did.

the rock's home gym? check.

hidden rooms? check.

hidden elevator? check.

a 3/4 inch broken glass walkway on the 3rd floor with nothing underneath? check...lol.

mirrored EVERYTHING in a bathroom? check. it was bad. welcome to a syfy movie, like cube 2.

bar backsplashes? um...about 100. go hit the lauderdale strip. my neon work is down there as well.

starlight 3/8 mirror in a shower? check. that failed in a year, as we told the homeowner it would.

revolving 1/2 inch shower door? we did it. that was a DUMB design by a DUMB contractor. :P

That stuff does sound super cool. when youve got resources to do that stuff, might as well try just about anything. it sounds like weve worked for the same exact caliber of customer anyways. there was a retired NFL kicker brian something (bills kicker), we did an exterior facade for that ended up on the cover of better homes n gardens. That always felt like a notch in the ol belt. That job i was super proud of.

Ill get some stuff up to look at this week, a good amount of stuff is about finished! im getting excited.
empty......

on loan from the DK/MMM  < main man mueller

cowpoke, shadow, quickdraw, jumping jack,

theres also a demoman here too