Author Topic: Buck Rogers Pinball  (Read 1609 times)

spanks_4

Buck Rogers Pinball
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:32:16 PM »
Anyone ever play one of these? Are they fun? Would one in nice shape be worth 500 dollars? What is the game worth in different conditions?

Thanks.

Offline Pinball Joker

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Tone Chaser
    • My 1923 Ford Model T "C" Cab Streetrod
Re: Buck Rogers Pinball
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »
2008 price guide shows Buck Rogers at $625... sorry that is all I know.
- John -
Pins: RFM SWE1 LAH TZ TOM Vids: Capcom "Mercs" Others: Megatouch, 8 pachislos and some this and that's

spanks_4

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »
The guy wants 500 for it. Hopefully I will either get a call or E-mail back from him. Maybe I can trade off some arcade machine for a pinball machine.

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:37:28 AM »
I enjoyed playing that one on location back in the day.  Seems like it was fun enough to me.  I'd make sure that it's fully working tho or board repairs/replacement are probably in your near future.  Seems like a lot of System 1's come out of the woodwork "nice condition" "won't start a game, but probably an easy fix" etc, but in reality the CPU board either needs to be repaired or replaced.  I think I paid around $140 for the Ni-Wumpf for my Genie.  Probably should have gone for Pascal's Pi-1 replacement for all the boards instead since the sound is still out, but I didn't.

A quick search of RGP shows that Kevin had a Buck Rogers listed in late June for $350, but he wasn't sure how well it was working.  Perhaps he can give some insight.

Other threads on RGP seem to suggest that $500 is a bit high, but unless you keep close track of who's giving the prices, you can't really tell how accurate their suggestions are.

Ray

Offline brewmeister_us

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 05:59:51 AM »
Is it in Carrollwood?

If so, I know the owner and he's a good guy.

Otherwise, I know a guy with one that has a new NI-Wumpf and still won't work 100%.

It was really frustrating him (I thought it might be a slam tilt, as GTB are normally closed), but just problematic, as system 1's can be.

Also, the guy with the Big Guns on CL has a Genie that's similar - really nice and new pcbs, but still won't work right.  See a trend?

I think the only Sys 1 that I'd take is a Joker Poker...  and just for the art and drop targets.

Good luck if you go there!

Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 06:02:19 AM »
I HATE the Joker.

Tell him to try new connectors and ribbon cables, that seems to be the consensus of something you MUST do with these (Gottlieb) games along with changing the boards.

spanks_4

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
What is RGP?

I still haven't gotten a return email so I guess someone else got it.

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »
Short answer is Rec.Games.Pinball.  One way to get there is this

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/topics?gvc=2

RGP can't be beat for searching thru past messages, but the day to day stuff is often less than appealing.

I'll leave it up to the others to chime in with a longer answer.  ;D

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »
RGP = Really Grumpy Pinballcollectors ....they'll bitch about anything...if you thought WE were bad around HERE....

You'll learn a lot just reading the daily emails and responses to pins that may apply to stuff in your collection.  TONS of advice and tips from collectors from beginners to veterans...highly recommended even with all the BS you sometimes have to sift through.  It's a daily stop for me...that's why I often don't get to bed until past 7am!