Author Topic: Ebay - BIN+OBO or Original special sauce  (Read 937 times)

Offline rockford

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Ebay - BIN+OBO or Original special sauce
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:39:36 AM »
I was wondering what the consensus was of selling stuff on Ebay - do people prefer the BIN +/- OBO or straight up bidding for items.

I've sold a couple of things on Ebay and always used bidding, but I've recently thought about switching to BIN + OBO, was wondering what peoples opinions were about how well it works, do you just get a bunch of low-ball offers with OBO?

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Ebay - BIN+OBO or Original special sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 06:51:28 AM »
I've mainly gone with the BIN + BO for the pins I've tried to sell on eBay (but haven't sold one there yet).  The main reason is that they had two promotions over the last few months that allowed me to list the games for $0.50 and $0.25.  I did get some lowball offers, but you can set up a minimum in order for the offer to even actually be send to you.  Offers that don't make the cut are automatically declined and aren't sent to your email, but they do still show in the auction if you wanted to see how low they were.  I think I had an offer as low as $500 on the BSD I put up in May.

Unfortunately, from my POV anyway, you have to add $150 or more to the amount you're really looking for in order to recoup the final value fees you encounter with eBay and potential Paypal fees.  That's one reason I use the BO option.  If someone wanted the game and would pay without using Paypal, I'd be glad to knock some off the listed price.  eBay should be great for the sheer exposure, but it just hasn't paid off for me yet.  Maybe things will turn around by Xmas for these types of items if eBay has another promotion around that time.

Ray

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
Re: Ebay - BIN+OBO or Original special sauce
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »
I tend to favor the regular bidding for stuff, as seems to work out better and seems to get higher prices, but on the flip side everything that I have listed on BIN/BO has sold normally I try to get a BO, where they skip the paypal or ebay fees and save some cash all round, thats the nice thing with BO, you can send an offer and an explanation of why etc, for a machine I would say probably BIN/BO is the best route, whereas parts I would still opt for the regular auction style.
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida