Author Topic: Another try Help me get my pin  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Harmony

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Another try Help me get my pin
« on: August 19, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
Well i was supposed to drive to get the pinball Yesterday, you know the game, the star wars that's in Tallahassee , well my friend canceled on me as he wanted to tie thing down at his place in case the storm hit Orlando, Well no one knows what the Storm is doing so i made plans then to get the game Thursday, however now the problem is the direction tell me to head up towards Jacksonville and then across to Tallahassee, but of course Hurricane Fay wants to come back for seconds as it would seem and visit Jacksonville, Right when i would need to be there, Any one have any ideas on how to get the game to Volusia county, I am a Little dumbfounded already. I already planed on a minivan to protect the pin against the elements  but this is getting ridiculous already

If it makes any diffrence if you are up that way of coming this way I will pay for the rental of a Minivan or SUV and the gas to get the Pin to me ( budget will do a one day rental for $69 )

Thanks

Herman

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:49:56 PM by hermankane »
Guns n' Roses

Offline tbecu1

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Another try Help me get my pin
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:18:33 PM »
My suggestion would be that you find more money for your budget and ship the game NAVL.

Thomas
2 Merit Megatouch Evo Ions (2009.5), Linked Rush 2049's, Asteroids, 60 in 1 Mini Multicade and the following Pins: Iron Man VE and Class of 1812.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:26:05 PM »
Herman,

sorry this isn't going to help make you feel any better, but I WAS thinking of you.  I found out too late I just had 2 separate friends go there and back this weekend to move their respective daughters onto campus at FSU.  My one friend didn't call me back until he was almost home, and ended up driving his car anyway instead of his van.  Otherwise it would have worked great to have you cover the gas and he could have taken his van...but nobody tells me where they're going until it's too late...nobody thinks about asking ME if I need a pin picked up from anywhere.  I did think of you though and at least tried, but too late, sorry.

Offline brewmeister_us

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
How 'bout putting something on Craigslist up in Tally?

Hopefully you can find someone who would do it for cash or is coming that way, someone trustworthy.

Otherwise figure out pretty quick what you're doing before you lose your $$$ for not picking it up.

Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »
Herman, I dont know where you live but going through Jax to get to Tally is moronic unless you live in St. Augustine.  What ever electronic device told you to do that...just throw it in the friggin trash can!

The trip to Tally is 4 hours up 4 hours back; from Orlando take the N. Turnpike to 75 N.  Then take 10 W to Tally.  If they are on the south side, there is 319 you can take from I-10 to Appalacha Parkway, take that west into town.  If not on the south side, take I-10 into Tally on the North side. I have been making that trip for 17 years so please trust me on this.  You just need to bite the bullet and do it the next day your buddy can go.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »
Well teh company seem spretty ok with me picking it up, they understood the yesterday thing and well maybe i can rent a van tomorow, will have to see where this storm is going  i dont think the thing can make up its mind, its even worst then i am, But i figure they know its not safe to dirv e in or through a tropical storm / huricane

Herman

Guns n' Roses

Offline scrambled

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »
How 'bout putting something on Craigslist up in Tally?

Hopefully you can find someone who would do it for cash or is coming that way, someone trustworthy.

Otherwise figure out pretty quick what you're doing before you lose your $$$ for not picking it up.

Yikes...that sounds very scary to me.  Way too many bad stories about CL for me to be willing to try something like that.  You never know though, yiou might find someone you'd be willing to trust after a few phone conversations.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
There's still the option of using my friend, you can negotiate a price with him for his time I'm sure...who knows, maybe $80-$100? You already have the van rental set up, gas around $100?   I guess ANYBODY other than yourself you'll have to pay anyway, nobody's going to do it for you for free. So just have to figure out if you want to take the time to drive it yourself or have someone else do it for you.