Author Topic: This is YOUR event!  (Read 2487 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
This is YOUR event!
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »
This is definitely a Florida Arcade and Pinball Collector sponsored event. We want EVERYONE to be involved beacuse this event is really for everyone reading this. If you have any (constructive ;)) suggestions or if you'd like to present an idea, by all means let us know! The only caveat is be prepared to enact it! (or at least help enact it!)

I'm sure some mistakes will be made, this being our first attempt.. but the goal is to make something we can all enjoy. With the apparent death of the Florida Auctions, we'll need events like this (and SPF and APE) to keep the community together. So let's try to make this as good as we can.

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: This is YOUR event!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »
This is really cool and a pretty surprising too.  Were you keeping this under the radar or am I just that far out of the loop?

Probably everyone will be bringing games and parts to trade anyways so perhaps some kind of an area for a swap meet?  Might make the place a bit cluttered though.  I could see skipping it if you want to just focus more on the game/expo part.

Also, I figure you thought about an auction but I didn't see anything about in the FAQ.  Have you decided it's more trouble than it's worth?

WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline Baiter

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
Sounds like good stuff!  I'm also surprised there was very little mention of it, but I suppose "if you get a venue, they will come"
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »
We mentioned it back in February (for the observant!) but nothing has been said since then as we wanted to make sure everything was a lock (it is). No point in hyping it up until we had the location and date locked.

We've thought about a swap meet but logistics may be a problem. I'm not against it though if we can figure something out.

As for other events, certain things are still under the planning stages more announcements to come :)

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
A couple thoughts:

Will Hercules be present?

Are we doing anything for local advertising? I'm not beneath handing out flyers...I'm already blasting my Facebook.  ;D

-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »
A couple thoughts:

Will Hercules be present?

Are we doing anything for local advertising? I'm not beneath handing out flyers...I'm already blasting my Facebook.  ;D

-Dan

Herc -I haven't talked to prok but i would hope so! I know the big guy feels bad about his APE meltdown, time for some redemption.

Advertising - We're working out an advertising plan as we speak. Flyers on International drive is a definite  at least. I'm alrady sweet talking xenoina into getting a chun li outfit. The dave and busters on I-Drive will be open by august so that would be a no brainer! (why pay $2 a game for crap in here when you can play.. THIS!)

How do you feel about green body paint and an orange wig? :)

Offline xenoina

• Administrator
  • Level 5: Power User!
    • Game Warp Arcade Pinball & Console Gaming Show
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
We have a facebook page.  Go LIKE it!  Game Warp.
Game Warp, Show Organizer
Arcade Pinball and Gaming Show
www.gamewarp.org

Facebook.com/GameWarpShow
Twitter@GameWarpShow

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
How do you feel about green body paint and an orange wig? :)

About as good as you'd feel about a Russian Man-kini with a mohawk and a mustache.  :D

-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline PinFan4Life

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:51 PM »
This is great news Jack!  Thanks for doing this for the collector community.  I'm looking forward to the show.  I'll see what games I can get over there.

Shawn
Pins: Elvira’s HOH Prem, Rush Premium, Godzilla Premium, Foo Fighters Premium, Cactus Canyon LE, Metallica, Star Trek Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, TMNT pro, Family Guy, Cirqus Voltaire, WOZ ECLE, Scooby Doo CE, Whirlwind.  Vids: 60 in 1 Multicade, Megatouch EVO. Visiting currently: Wms Touchdown EM.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:11 PM »
I'm assuming you posted info on the rpg.
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.