Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 1852 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
FAQ
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
Who is putting this show on? The show is 100% Florida Arcade and Pinball Collectors. The back-end (ie hotel rental, specifics, etc) are being handled by me and xenoina. While we are reaching out to various vendors and re-sellers around florida, we are not partnering with anyone directly as far as the convention planning or finances are involved.

Isn't this a huge risk? Heck yeah! We got a decent amount invested here, but I think it will be worth it. If we can break even and throw a great party for everyone then I think we did a good job. I see this as the culmination of everything this group has been leading to.

How much are tickets and where can I buy them? Ticket prices will be reasonable ($15 or under per day with a discounted weekend pass). Tickets will be available online (soon!) and then at the door on the day of the event. We have to charge to cover costs of course but we're striving to keep this reasonable.

What are the hours? That is still to be determined but as it stands we're expecting to be open until Midnight on Friday and Saturday and probably packing it up around 4 or 5pm on Sunday. Doors will open around noon on Saturday and Sunday and probably a little later in the day on Friday. We will post more specific information on this shortly.

When is loading/unloading? We are hoping to have loading start the Thursday before, probably sometime after 5pm then continue into Friday morning/afternoon. Game removal will start promptly after the show ends on Sunday.

Do I need to leave my game all weekend? We STRONGLY ask that you leave your game all weekend. However, if you absolutely must leave early we can probably make arrangements. We'd ask that you work with us on early load-ups (ie before opening or after closing) if possible. Luckily the room configuration makes moving games during the event not horrible.. but we'd still prefer not to do it if we can.

What happens if my game breaks during the show? We will have our crack technical team on staff throughout the event. Depending on your wishes we will attempt to repair the game (for free obviously) unless the fault appears to be major or require major modifications or parts we don't have. If you prefer that nobody touches your games (we understand) certainly we will respect your wishes. Your game may get moved to 'dead row' for the duration or until you can fix it. If its hopeless and you'd like to take it home early we can work with you.

Can I slap a FS sign on my game? Heck yeah! We'll have tags for each machine denoting ownership details and its for sale status. If you'd like to offer a game for sale to the general public that's fine by us. Keep in mind we're not getting involved with any transactions, that will be a private deal between you and the buyer.

How will the games be supervised? We're all collectors here and we understand how valuable the games are. Every precaution will be taken to ensure that nothing happens to any of the games onsite. We'll have event staff and/or volunteers (plus all of our members!) on the floor at all times keeping an eye on things. Abuse will not be tolerated! Also food and drink will be banned on the game floor at all times.

I'd like to run a table in your vendor section! Great! We're taking table reservations as we speak. Please PM me for more details.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:03:29 PM by number six »

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
Re: FAQ
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
Question: What time do the games have to be out of the place by? For example, I can't get mine out till 7pm, or maybe 8pm on Sunday, will that present a problem?

-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
Question: What time do the games have to be out of the place by? For example, I can't get mine out till 7pm, or maybe 8pm on Sunday, will that present a problem?

-Dan

We should have the hotel all sunday.. so we should be able to clear up well into the evening. I can only imagine a problem if you couldn't take the game home on sunday at all as I'm not sure they'd be too keen on us still being there on Monday Morning. But even in that case something could be worked out -- ie the game could be stored at a nearby members house, etc.

Offline Phatchit

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »
Who do we contact if we want to bring a game or two ?
Keep Playin with your joysticks!!!

Offline xenoina

• Administrator
  • Level 5: Power User!
    • Game Warp Arcade Pinball & Console Gaming Show
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
Go online and submit your info and the games you are bringing.

http://www.gamewarp.org/index.php/bring-a-game

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:39:04 PM by xenoina »
Game Warp, Show Organizer
Arcade Pinball and Gaming Show
www.gamewarp.org

Facebook.com/GameWarpShow
Twitter@GameWarpShow

Offline paul400

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
have a question. do kids pay full price to get in, didnt see it on FAQ
taking on monitor chassis repair. wells gardner u2000, k7000 19 and 25 inch, k7201, k7203 , k4600, k4900, k7400, k7500 med rez. electrohome G0-7.. sanyo ez20
I can also build complete monitors with fresh burn free tubes.

Offline xenoina

• Administrator
    • Game Warp Arcade Pinball & Console Gaming Show
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »
have a question. do kids pay full price to get in, didnt see it on FAQ

Kids five and under can get in free with paid adult admission. (1 child per each adult admission).  I will add this to the website.
Game Warp, Show Organizer
Arcade Pinball and Gaming Show
www.gamewarp.org

Facebook.com/GameWarpShow
Twitter@GameWarpShow

Offline DarrenF

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
I bought a couple of weekend passes online.  But so far as I know I didn't recieve any "ticket".  What am I supposed to print and bring to the show?
Black Hole, Haunted House, Asteroids, Battlezone, Dig Dug, Ikari Warriors, Out Run, Lethal Enforcers
WTB:  Arkanoid cocktail

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »
I bought a couple of weekend passes online.  But so far as I know I didn't recieve any "ticket".  What am I supposed to print and bring to the show?

From the site:

Your Paypal receipt IS YOUR TICKET!

Once you have completed your payment, print out your receipt from paypal and bring it to the registration desk at the convention and you can pick up your physical badge.

So just bring your paypal receipt to reception

Offline DarrenF

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »
Heh.  Thanks, I see it now.
I'd already clicked on "Add to Cart" before I started reading anything...

BTW, the "VIP" appears the same as the "weekend" with the addition T-shirt... but I couldn't find anything on the webpage about what the T-shirt looks like.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:01:54 PM by DarrenF »
Black Hole, Haunted House, Asteroids, Battlezone, Dig Dug, Ikari Warriors, Out Run, Lethal Enforcers
WTB:  Arkanoid cocktail

Offline paul400

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 03:24:14 PM »
Question. In my arcade I have stools so people can sit down while they play and for the younger people the usually have somthing to stand on so they can reach. anything like this going to be here or should we bring our own?
taking on monitor chassis repair. wells gardner u2000, k7000 19 and 25 inch, k7201, k7203 , k4600, k4900, k7400, k7500 med rez. electrohome G0-7.. sanyo ez20
I can also build complete monitors with fresh burn free tubes.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
OK i was informed stools might be a no-no with the hotel, we'll check. It's safety, safety.. safety! But we'll check.

The t-shirt is gonna look awesome, i dont have a picture to post just yet but hopefully by show. If not just wait to be surprised :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:00:12 AM by number six »