Author Topic: Fun with F-14 sound Part 2  (Read 758 times)

Offline GeorgeB

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Fun with F-14 sound Part 2
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »
Ok, the story so far...

My F-14 is playing the speech and some sound effects but none of the music.  During the self-diagnostic test on the CPU board the test came back that the U22 chip was bad.  Thanks to AtariJim he sent over a U22 chip, now the CPU self-diagnostic comes back good - the F-14 launching sound comes thru nice and clear. 

But still no music when I try to do the test at the coin door sounds 1-7 come thru good (which are the voice and some sound effects) but sounds 10-end nothing happens (which are the music and other sounds) and there's no music during the attract mode or play. 

And now I can't get a game started, when I press the start button all of the solenoids fire and nothing happens.  There's a few switch issues too that weren't occurring earlier.

Right now I'm focused on getting the music working then tracking down the other errors.  Any suggestions?

Getting to the point that I'm thinking of calling George again and letting him take it to the shop.

George
Current: Godzilla Pro, High Speed 2: Getaway

Past:
Arcade: Star Wars (SU), R-Type, Pengo
Pins: Funhouse, CFTBL, Comet, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, F-14, Ghostbusters Premium, Star Wars Comic Art Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Doctor Who, Attack from Mars - Remake Classic

Online k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Fun with F-14 sound Part 2
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
the basics: check all the harnesses that control sound, reseat any harness you removed when searching for the lack of sound issue. if the switch issues are new, probably again, just a harness issue.

pull and reseat the music sound rom(s), i don't remember which one that is. remove and reseat any sound chips, look for brittle legs.

if you start a game, and solenoids are ALL firing with no ball going into the shooter lane, it sounds like it's doing a ball search. clean/check the ball trough switches. check for a stuck ball in the right VUK, the right trap lane, etc...
        ***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'