Author Topic: Guess the Pinball!  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Big Al

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Guess the Pinball!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »
re: fixing a bowling pinsetter

Shout out for all the old bowling pinsetter mechanics on the board.

Great 80's job!

Brunswick A-1 and A-2 and AMF table pinsetters certified.

I've got poloroid (sp?) pics of me on the catwalk somewhere.

Worked at Bowlero Lanes & Pompano Beach Bowl, Pompano Beach, then Forumn Lanes and AMF Davie and Plantation.  The money was actually good back then to be a pinsetter mechanic. 

Lotto just came out as well and you could get more per hour to be certified as lotto tech.

Long-live the old days.

Happy gaming,
Big Al

p.s. supposed to go work the pro shop at Cypress Creek Bowl until it got demolished for the park n ride @ Cypress Creek Road & 95.  Remember the waterslide and arcade in front of the lanes - also a lake next to the high end of the house where if you had a bad night you'd chuck your ball in the lake.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:13:32 PM by Big Al »

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 06:43:57 PM »
What other games do you hate?

me? I hate no pinball. i dislike dr who, baywatch, LotR, data east simpsons, and cueball wizard. tommy is also a clunk fest, but maybe that was just the restored one i owned...

there are also some rare titles that i understand why they made less than 100 of. surprised they made more than 2.

out of the IPDB top 25, I own 3, I would own 4 more, and the other 18 I could care less about. played them all. list makes me scratch my head. #2 and #5 currently both put me to sleep. some games i own, people would burn them alive if given the chance. if we all had similar tastes, this forum would cease to exist.  :)

#1, twilight zone, just doesn't do it for me. TZ is my favorite pre 80s TV show bar none. i have owned 1 players, and 1 minty example. doesn't matter, both times, same result. sold.

p.s. supposed to go work the pro shop at Cypress Creek Bowl until it got demolished for the park n ride @ Cypress Creek Road & 95.  Remember the waterslide and arcade in front of the lanes - also a lake next to the high end of the house where if you had a bad night you'd chuck your ball in the lake.  :)

lol. i hit many of those back in the early 90s. maybe you'll recognize a picture:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:50:04 PM by k7 »
        ***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'

Online FUNWIZ

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 07:23:11 PM »
I wonder if 10 years from now, kids will ask "what's a bowling alley?" 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline k7

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »
I wonder if 10 years from now, kids will ask "what's a bowling alley?"

they'll ask "what's Namco's Bowl O Rama?" and we'll say "oh, we don't talk about that game..."
        ***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'

Offline ndz

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
In the minority here, but I really like Doctor Who.  I found that once you learn how to play for score it becomes a brutal game and your score really tanks.  The challenge is what makes it fun.  :o

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »
Dr. Who is a nice pin.

When that center tray rises up, and you are trying to crank those multiballs up there, it's a great game.

If you can get the hang of the combo shot also, it's a very satisfying feeling when you nail it.

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.