Author Topic: My AFM on E-Bay - An open letter to the critics  (Read 855 times)

Offline rogerdodger

• Level 5: Power User!
My AFM on E-Bay - An open letter to the critics
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely):

I have read the critical responses to my posting about my AFM being on E-Bay.

I don't have to justify my actions to anyone here but feel that I would like to explain my situation.

In March, I posted here that I was thinking of selling my AFM.  I mentioned in that posting a recent AFM E-Bay sale and said that I was thinking around similar money.  I had some inquiries from this group.

I sent bundles of pictures and videos to those who inquired and then had phone calls/e-mails back and forth from those who were seriously interested.

I then had someone who wanted to buy (you know who you are) and we agreed a price that I thought was fair to both me and the buyer, which was a lot less than I suspect it will sell for on E-Bay.  The buyer said he will not be able to pick up the machine for a couple of weeks and would I hold it for him on a deposit?  I agreed to that and he sent me a $500 deposit.  I could easily have asked for a higher deposit (I usually do) but he sounded very nice and trustworthy, so I just asked for $500.

A couple of days before he was due to pick it up, he called and said that he had changed his mind and had 'bought one from a friend'.  He didn't ask if I minded if he pulled out, he just went ahead and did so.

This left me in a situation where I needed to get the machine sold quickly, hence my move to E-Bay.

So, my friends, in future, before you jump to conclusions and open your big mouths, try to find out the facts.  As you are now aware, I did first try to sell it on this group but my best intentions backfired on me.  As the old saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

To T-Bone, I never received communication from you.  I respect everyone and, if I had received something from you, it would have been answered immediately, if only to say it was sold. 

To Snaroff, are you really that desperate to criticize someone, that you have to bring up my E-Bay feedback claim of selling pins up to $8500?  I though you had more class than that.

A while back, I spoke with someone who was instrumental in starting the Southern Pinball Forum.  I now fully understand why they did that, clearly wanting to get away from the Village garbage.  It seems the Village has gone the same way as RGP.

So, gentlemen, I look forward to receiving your apologies (which I doubt will happen) and to those who backed me in their responses, I thank you.

Roger

Offline drunktek

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: My AFM on E-Bay - An open letter to the critics
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »
oh snap
PINS:MM,MONOPOLY,RBG,NGG,BALLY PLAYBOY,HG,BK,T2,WCS,BR,CV,Xenon

VIDS: Joust x2, Congo Bongo, Spy Hunter, Ms. Pac, Jr. Pac, Battlezone,Asteroids,Star Castle,Tron,Centipede,Millipede,Krull,Crazy Climber,Kickman X 2,DBL Donkey Kong,Yie Ar Kung Fu,Tempest,

Offline bit_slicer

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »

Offline kawikid

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 01:44:28 PM »
 8) good reply, personally i feel everyone was getting outta hand and im glad Roger came on and cleared things up, good luck with the sale. even if it does leave florida!
Pins-  AC/DC PREM, METEOR, MONSTER BASH, FLIGHT 2000 , TEAM ONE, CAPTAIN CARD, SPACE SHUTTLE, ATTACK FROM MARS, ABRA, 2001, ATLANTIS, BON VOYAGE, TARGET POOL, JACKS OPEN, KINGS AND QUEENS,  POP A CARD, BANK A BALL, PIN BOT, SWORDS OF FURY, JOKER POKER, STARS, GAME OF THRONES, KISS.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
I can only imagine this going down hill from here, locked!

I'm sure anything further can be resolved thru PMs.

Plus, after the RGP swipe my feelings are just too hurt to continue. :(