Author Topic: Congrats to Game Warpers  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Telebusy

• Level 2: Villager
Congrats to Game Warpers
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »
Just wanna give kudos to those who put together Game Warp.  We know that it was a lot of work gathering games, transporting them, and setting them up for all to play.  Your efforts are noticed, and very much appreciated.  I'm psyched to start preparing a few machines of my own for the next one.......

With the exception of a few little kids hanging on the pinball plunger on the South Park machine, it seemed as if everyone else respected and admired everyone else's machines.

Thanks again guys....great job.

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
Re: Congrats to Game Warpers
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:21:55 PM »
I've been there pretty much the entire time so far, having a really good time :)  The guys (and gals) that put this together have worked so incredibly hard, you can just see it in them that they've put everything they have and half that again into making this show possible and they've pulled it off beautifully.  Jack, Xenoina, Hamster, Englishman, BC, HFK, SpineyNorman (hope I didn't miss anyone but i'm sure I did) wanted to put on a show for the community.  They did that and then some.  If you haven't gone down yet, you have one more day!

Congratulations to every single one of you, and thank you.

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
I've been there pretty much the entire time so far, having a really good time :)  The guys (and gals) that put this together have worked so incredibly hard, you can just see it in them that they've put everything they have and half that again into making this show possible and they've pulled it off beautifully.  Jack, Xenoina, Hamster, Englishman, BC, HFK, SpineyNorman (hope I didn't miss anyone but i'm sure I did) wanted to put on a show for the community.  They did that and then some.  If you haven't gone down yet, you have one more day!

What he said  ;D Even if we sell nothing, it still been a good time had by all, and it's been great to hang out and meet so many members. We (Allaya & I) know it's been rough on you guys, and we want to go on record as saying "Thank You, we appreciate all your hard work and sleepless nights from putting on this great first show."

-Dan & Allaya

Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline Telebusy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
I won't be making it back tomorrow (Sunday), but if anyone is there, would you so kind as to get me the info (phone/price) of the person selling the South Park Pinball?  Would be much appreciated.

Offline deadlander

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »
It's mine... so tell me about the kids hanging of the shooter rod...
Thanks,
Al 386-748-8021
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline Telebusy

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:43:53 AM »
It's mine... so tell me about the kids hanging of the shooter rod...
Thanks,
Al 386-748-8021

Sent you a PM

Offline PinFan4Life

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »

+1 - Well said....It was a great time.  My son and I really enjoyed it today.  I know it took a ton of work to pull off....Very much appreciated!

Shawn
Pins: Elvira’s HOH Prem, Rush Premium, Godzilla Premium, Foo Fighters Premium, Cactus Canyon LE, Metallica, Star Trek Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, TMNT pro, Family Guy, Cirqus Voltaire, WOZ ECLE, Scooby Doo CE, Whirlwind.  Vids: 60 in 1 Multicade, Megatouch EVO. Visiting currently: Wms Touchdown EM.

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
Gorgar like Gamewarp!

Gamewarp was awesome. What a great job everyone did putting this together and making it happen. Also, Thanks to everyone who donated their games. Without the games it would of just be a big empty room.... and that's no fun.

I had a great time and it was nice to see some old friends and make some new ones.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline cambi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
I probably should have been more social- wife's birthday was this past weekend also so had to do quite a bit of things her and our friends wanted to do, so total I got maybe 5-6 hours in GW and spent most of that playing games I'd never played before or hadnt played in years. Talked to Mick, Jack and Funky but that was about it.

Awesome time though- I hope this is the first of many Gamewarps. My only regrets were not being able to dedicate as much time to it as I wanted, and not meeting anyone new. (and never getting to play 1812)

Offline k7

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:28:29 AM »
thanks to those who put this show on, and thanks to everyone so far for vidz and pictures. really annoyed about missing the show, but timing and my car just didn't coincide, and i read menacefire's catch-a-ride-with-us message 2 hours after they left.  :-\

you guys did great.  :) i see home pong...lol. that's just awesome.
        ***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 01:57:31 AM »

i see home pong...lol. that's just awesome.

SEE????  I kept TELLING Prok....it should have been "Best of show"! :)  I was really very proud to have brought that, as nothing says 70's consoles like that Pong console, I thought it really looked great on that table and hit home the 70's consoles theme.  Thanks for noticing!

Offline Pinball Shark

• Level 5: Power User!
    • PinballShark.com
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »
Pong was the very first game console my Dad brought home in 1977 (I think). I can't remember which version it was, but it did have an additional light gun with it so you could shoot a moving white square. Great fun! It was cool seeing Pong setup and playing at the show.
www.pinballshark.com
Tampa Pinball Repair

F L O R I D A P I N B A L L . C O M