Poll

Are you planning on participating in...?

Pinball tournament
4 (22.2%)
Arcade tournament
0 (0%)
Both
4 (22.2%)
Will decide when I get there
6 (33.3%)
Neither
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Who's participating in TOURNAMENTS?  (Read 1906 times)

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
Who's participating in TOURNAMENTS?
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
Just curious to give our arcade tournament organizers an idea of what to expect, as not sure how many have actually signed up for either online.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
Re: Who's participating in TOURNAMENTS?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »
Wow, is this mic on???  :-[ 

Either nobody's reading this post, or nobody's planning on doing the tournaments.  If THAT'S the case, I'll jump into the Pinball tournament and it will be me, Donnie, Corpse, and Spencer...and I will make Bat kibble out of all of them!!!! :)  And THEN, I'll hop into the Arcade tourney and play against....me...and make Bat kibble out of....well, just ME, since I'll be the only one competing?  I like those odds, I guarantee I'll win THAT one.  Or maybe there will be an incredible mad rush for these.  Are people too shy to commit to ANYTHING in advance, or just nobody cares?  I hope it's the former, so those interested will have some decent competition and a good time, especially since people have gone through the effort to organize and donate their time to have these this year.  It would be a damn shame if they're poorly attended.  But at least I'll be the dual tournament Bat-champ!!!  :P  Come on, all this stuff is for YOU guys, not because people needed more shit to do in their lives.  Come, partake, enjoy!!!!

Offline Spicules

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Mission COMPRETE !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:06:43 AM »
I'm participating in the Streetfighter Tourney, but I didn't see a listing for that one. If SSFIV:AE is included in "Arcade," then I can remove my "neither" to "Arcade." :D
Vids:
"Chewlix" Vewlix knockoff; Dynamo HS-27 w/ Area 51/MaxForce;  Strider (DE "Commando" conversion) ; Centipede Cabaret;  Tempest,  Irem "Madonna" ; Sega Blast City w/ MisterFPGA; Shinobi (Track&Field Conversion) ; Sega Naomi Universal with Piforce/Net Dimm;

WTB/WTT: HOTD2 Dedicated; candy cab or candy knockoffs; Outrun cabaret

- I am a former TV tech and can repair and re-cap CRT and LCD monitors in my area.

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
I was thinking of participating in the classic game tournament.  I have all the games and spent some time playing the other night and realized I won't have a chance - I never even came close to 20 minutes on most of the games!   I might give it a go anyways though just for fun. 
WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:49 AM »
I will definitely be participating in both the arcade and the pinball tournament.

Looking forward to it ... had a great time competing last year!

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »
Wow, is this mic on???  :-[ 

Either nobody's reading this post, or nobody's planning on doing the tournaments.  If THAT'S the case, I'll jump into the Pinball tournament and it will be me, Donnie, Corpse, and Spencer...and I will make Bat kibble out of all of them!!!! :)  And THEN, I'll hop into the Arcade tourney and play against....me...and make Bat kibble out of....well, just ME, since I'll be the only one competing?  I like those odds, I guarantee I'll win THAT one.  Or maybe there will be an incredible mad rush for these.  Are people too shy to commit to ANYTHING in advance, or just nobody cares?  I hope it's the former, so those interested will have some decent competition and a good time, especially since people have gone through the effort to organize and donate their time to have these this year.  It would be a damn shame if they're poorly attended.  But at least I'll be the dual tournament Bat-champ!!!  :P  Come on, all this stuff is for YOU guys, not because people needed more shit to do in their lives.  Come, partake, enjoy!!!!

Settle down, Beavis :)

I think you will find there will be more participating than you think, and strong competition you never even considered :) Not everyone reads, let alone camps out on, the pinball groups :)

We certainly appreciate all the efforts, and know how much work it takes to put on a show, and run a pinball tourney.

Looking forward to a weekend of pinball.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline kawikid

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Sunni and i will be in the pinball tournament  8)
Pins-  AC/DC PREM, METEOR, MONSTER BASH, FLIGHT 2000 , TEAM ONE, CAPTAIN CARD, SPACE SHUTTLE, ATTACK FROM MARS, ABRA, 2001, ATLANTIS, BON VOYAGE, TARGET POOL, JACKS OPEN, KINGS AND QUEENS,  POP A CARD, BANK A BALL, PIN BOT, SWORDS OF FURY, JOKER POKER, STARS, GAME OF THRONES, KISS.

Offline Mando

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
I don't think I am going to make it, have plans Sat AM and don't feel like driving to Orlando all in my own :) But if I have a change of heart I will def be in the tourney!

Offline Mike McCarthy

• I <3 pinball
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »
I kind of suck at classic vids and I'm still honing my pin skills.... I'll probably end up doing both anyway  ;D.
I'm thinking I might do good in the fighting game tourney
wtb nice EM's

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:55 AM »
Settle down, Beavis :)

I think you will find there will be more participating than you think, and strong competition you never even considered :) Not everyone reads, let alone camps out on, the pinball groups :)

We certainly appreciate all the efforts, and know how much work it takes to put on a show, and run a pinball tourney.

Looking forward to a weekend of pinball.

Just trying to stir up some competition, as the numbers were looking a little depressing for the guys running the tournaments, and don't want them to think nobody will show up.

As for YOU sir... bring on your competition! :)  I'll have you know I already won a dollar from Spencer last night in our pre-tournament smackdown.  Ironically, Thomas will be happy to know it was on HIS Tron! :)  Although Spencer got his revenge, as he slid that bitch halfway around the GW floor and back, he looked like a toboggan racer!  That thing moves FAST on carpet...and with Spencer chasing it.  It was also on a game of 7 ball Tron. I kept telling him how my 6th and 7th balls are usually where I make my comeback, and I proved it.  Nobody beats me at 7 ball. :)  (Rob/ HFK was there also to verify).

Just warning you....just warning... :)  :)

Offline k7

Re: Who's KEEPING SCORE in TOURNAMENTS?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
keeping score isn't an option? :P
        ***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'