Author Topic: Kick new members if....  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
Kick new members if....
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
A bit out there, but this came up in chat a moment ago... It never works out when a new member joins and within a few minutes is asking for a dragon or to be made elder.  Half jokingly, I suggested we should just kick em, but seriously, we should probably just kick em.  I mean, if you've only just joined and are asking for 30 minutes of build time and 30,000+ elixir for a dragon to be given to you, then you're not interested in helping anyone but yourself.  Same for being made elder... You don't want to help keep the clan functioning.  At best you're only interested in status and at worst you plan to do something like kick non elders or promote your friends and cause havoc in the clan.

What does everyone think?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:49:50 PM by Ryokosi »
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline tippy317

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Kick new members if....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »
Funny, when I see brand new members making those types of requests, my knee jerk reaction is to kick them, but don't want to be rude. On the other hand, do u walk into a new friend's house and start going through their refrigerator, closet or act like u own the place? Maybe a slightly exaggerated comparison, but people that pull stuff like requesting drags & eldership, always get booted very shortly. I notice bc, when I hold back on kicking them for these reqs, inevitably I realize I should have listened to my gut...
tippy 317
We Donate!!! Elder

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
Yep, that's exactly where I'm coming from... Both your analogy and observation.   ;D
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline ft

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »
Agreed. Time and again these prove reliable indicators. I think the guidance is that elders can view this behaviour as sufficient reason to kick. My question is should we explain before kicking so the offender and other members know why?

Offline Jason

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
Just tell them it takes one month to become elder and we only donate dragons to elders. They'll voluntarily leave themselves.  ;)

Offline Wurmbo

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Jason, you bring up a good point. It may not be necessary to kick them if we all agree to speak with one voice. A month or so for elder and dragons only to elders. It's a good rule as it will get rid of the bad apples because they will leave on their own and the ones who stay have something to strive for. It also has the side benefit of motivating members to strive for elder for more than just status. Kind of like an extra reward for elders...dragons...