Author Topic: THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON THE SHOW!  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON THE SHOW!
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
I was there on sat morning to do a little business and play a couple games during the early village event. I got my ass whooped twice by "Jeff not Jim" on WOZ and TOTAN which I'm sure he got a kick out of. That WOZ game sure was interesting but for me, well ,I'm just such a old fossil I love my EMS> I AM drawn to the TOTAN for some reason, I find the game very attractive for some reason.
 Got to meet some new folks like Ron Donahue and Russ G who Ive never met before and they turned out to be the perfect friendly gentleman I thought they'd be. I saw Randy and Mick and waved but didn't get a chance to talk to which I regret but I had to take care of some stuff. Had a good talk with neophyte Eric about the evils of lubricants and cleaning agents besides good old rubbing alcohol on EMS which was good!. Met the man himself PROK and of course HAMSTER w/o a P and that was great too! I'm sure I'm leaving some things out like where the hell was the BEEPMAN hiding [scared to play against me} . Thanks for the speakers BIT SLICER, ill be putting them to good use outside in the lanai. but most of all thanks to "JEFF NOT JIM" for helping me out on a couple business things and being such a good guy.
GREAT SHOW, if you missed it you missed a real good gathering of the tribes!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON THE SHOW!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 03:35:45 PM »
Weeze,
Always a pleasure doing business with you. Had a great time playing the games. Sorry I handed you your butt on those games, but I felt it would be better coming from a friend instead of a perfect stranger. Glad you had a safe trip home my friend.
Jeff (not Jim) in Vero
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline REDEYE

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
I agree here with a HUGE THANK YOU to Mic and everyone else involved in making this show happen for us collectors, players and fans!

This was my first show like this and my wife and I had a blast!  It was great seeing some folks and meeting some new ones.

Much applause and Thanks!!!

Offline namco_polygonizer

• WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL - SEGA!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
Just wanted to thank everyone who brought their games to the show as I had a great time! Never thought I'd get to play I-Robot and Major Havoc is a new favorite of mine! Lunar Lander was a lot of fun too! Only bad thing is that we have to wait another full year until the next Gamewarp!
Always looking for Sega stuff, especially any of the Model2 games. If you have anything Sega you are willing to trade, send me a PM! :)

Offline Mr. Fuzzy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • The suit formerly known as Gamedoc.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
Agreed,

Jack, Danielle, and Bill & Mick, Donny and everyone else all worked very hard to bring everyone together for a great show.  The exhaustive efforts by many of those involved just goes to show how much real work it takes to put on a show of this nature, and we should all be appreciative of those who truly gave their best efforts on our behalf.

Thanks guys!
-Dan
Former professional game tech, now working as a suit for the man.

Still love the games, though.

Offline Todd

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:58 AM »
I was hanging out waiting on the rain to clear and watched all of the GW crew busting their asses breaking down the show and loading up. It is amazing what we all are able to pull off to share these games and our love for them with everyone. I am very impressed with everyone involved.

I brought a game but was unable to unload it due to injury. A special thanks from me goes out to Rob and those that helped me take the game out and put it on the floor. Thanks to Brian (Prok) for fixing the joystick when it fell into the game.

Thanks Mick for my latest addition to my arcade, Space Duel!

I really had fun this weekend. This to was also my first arcade show. I really don't want to ever miss another one.

Oh, thanks Donny for bringing my games home for me. :)  This community is awesome!

Todd

Offline xenoina

• Administrator
  • Level 5: Power User!
    • Game Warp Arcade Pinball & Console Gaming Show
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »
Agreed,

Jack, Danielle, and Bill & Mick, Donny and everyone else all worked very hard to bring everyone together for a great show.  The exhaustive efforts by many of those involved just goes to show how much real work it takes to put on a show of this nature, and we should all be appreciative of those who truly gave their best efforts on our behalf.

Thanks guys!
-Dan

Thanks, Dan, and everyone else!  It definitely takes a lot of work from all sides to put on a show like this.  Biggest and best this year though!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :)
Game Warp, Show Organizer
Arcade Pinball and Gaming Show
www.gamewarp.org

Facebook.com/GameWarpShow
Twitter@GameWarpShow

Offline beepnutz

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:29 AM »
Hey Weeze, I was there on Friday as planned and to be honest, I just didn't want to take your money. Had a good time, again, thanks to all involved.
Bob

Offline Weeze

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
that's ok beep, we both know that I could kick your butt anytime, anywhere, on any machine, anytime I wish to. the fact that you didn't show on Saturday is proof that you are , in fact, totally afraid to compete against the all powerful weeze. its ok, we should all face up to our fears in life. you are forgiven.
 as was written thousands of years ago in the ancient book of pleabes" there shall one day walk among you a man of such flipper skill, of blessed flipper fingers he, that all shall know him. he shall be know as weeze and all shall be in awe"!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.

Offline REDEYE

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »
LOL....I think I just peed myself a little.

Offline Redfox

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »
Had a good talk with neophyte Eric about the evils of lubricants and cleaning agents besides good old rubbing alcohol on EMS which was good!.

Thanks for the talk Weeze, I really appreciated it!!!

And thanks to Mick, Jack, and everyone else that made the show a reality, it was totally awesome, I had a wonderful time!!!

Pins: AC/DC, RBION, Fast Draw, Stargate, Cactus Canyon
Past Pins: Solar City, The Shadow, Bad Cats, JackĀ·Bot, Johnny Mnemonic, LOTR, Half of a Tron

Offline beepnutz

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
All Hail the High and Mighty Weeze the Conqueror. I was going to write more praises, but decided to get a beer and my boots instead, shits getting deep.
Sorry I missed you and Jeff on Sat., Bob

Offline Weeze

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »
yeah wish we could've been in the same place at the same time. so all you have to do is find me a gottlieb "dimension" in great shape for 400$ and ill be coming over to get it! so your work is cut out for you, let me know when you find it. Oh and I have a new pea shooter we can test out on this big bang bar glass I picked up, ok?  :P
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:35 AM »
Thanks for a great show and massive effort from the staff, from the guys taking the money at the door, but ESPECIALLY the guys that were going nuts and working the floor all weekend: Hamster, Mick, Don, Spiney Bill, Rob/HFK, Phil...and I'm sure there are a few I'm missing. I don't know how they did it, they were going non-stop during the times I was there, all totally exhausted and yet kept going and going like Energizer bunnies. I was getting tired just looking at them and realizing how long they had been up with very little sleep or food, and working non stop, and knowing how much their muscles, backs, and other assorted bones must have been aching.  Even the guys attempting the world records didn't look as exhausted as the floor staff.  Of course thanks to Jack and Danielle also, and that damn Greywolf for running the tournament yet again, even though he still continues to lock me out of the competition by closing up shop so damn early! :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:57:59 AM by TheBatman »

Offline namco_polygonizer

• WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL - SEGA!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »
http://monsterfeet.com/shows/noquarter_042.mp3 at 5:22, Gamewarp got a mention on an arcade podcast since I left a comment about the show on their Facebook page.  Always good to let more people know about the great show! Hopefully we can keep it growing! :)
Always looking for Sega stuff, especially any of the Model2 games. If you have anything Sega you are willing to trade, send me a PM! :)