Author Topic: TBPL As we grow HOSTING?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
TBPL As we grow HOSTING?
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »
we are young and developing. does this group plan on hosting an event someday amongst ourselves, or is this pretty much going to end up at Octave all the time?  The guys at Pops , Flips and such (really great people) hold events at different (collectors) places, Not knocking Octave!!! I will go there again! But I was just wondering what direction our "this" league was going in? I know I am in Sarasota, and we "The Tampa Gang" need to get to know each other! do the guys in OUR area have pinball collections and Gamerooms and such?  One day I do plan on Hosting...different venues are great! When and if I host I can accommodate 30 to 35 guests. I really enjoy going to the Pops events! Flips is great too, just a bit of a trip! and of course Ft Myers has the Asylum!  Feedback????? Dan
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
Re: TBPL As we grow HOSTING?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »
For sure, I am completely open to rotating the event around to different places.  I have no problem driving to Sarasota or other outlying areas.  I don't want to volunteer anyone to host so that's why we have just been doing the Ocatave/Fubar event. 

Offline owlnonymous

• BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
For sure, I am completely open to rotating the event around to different places.  I have no problem driving to Sarasota or other outlying areas.  I don't want to volunteer anyone to host so that's why we have just been doing the Ocatave/Fubar event.

+1

We have held it at Octave/Fubar because it is a available public space. We welcome anyone who would like to open their home up for hosting.

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline Ratical

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:34:14 AM »
I could host the next one on the week of March 10-14 but I only have 3 pins and a MAME cabinet.  I will accept large cash donations to buy more machines in the mean time. 

I'm in Apollo Beach (I75 and Big Bend) which is good for anyone on the east side of the bay.

LMK,
Terry.

Offline pindan3

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »
Terry I see you have 3 pins  that I currently have in my collection, I "ve got good practice time in on those!  ;)
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline pindan3

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:51 AM »
Hosting................I wrote something about doing that and put it on the wrong thread...........go there and read it! and if someone is computer smart move it to here if you can! thanks Dan   

Offline owlnonymous

• BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 12:24:17 PM »
Posted in the other thread.

Yea  I PLAN on being at the next event!  and as we progress and gel I will definitely host an event. And something we (our group) will need to discuss will be timing when one of us wants to host. ie. a weekday 7 to 10 event or a weekend Sat 3 to 9 event?  As some of you may already know I have a good sized collection so there are many games to play.Also I am in Sarasota, that's why I would consider Sat so it would be worth the drive for you guys (and gals). I can host after the months of Mar & Apr. I am VERY busy then. And for those of you who want to bring your own pins you can do that too LOL...there is extra room on the outside patios haha...and if any of you POPs and Flips guys read this post you know the invite is out to you too! ok.........see ya all soon.........Dan oh yea...keep the comments and ideas going on this thread!

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
Any date set for the next meeting/tourney?
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline owlnonymous

• BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »
Any date set for the next meeting/tourney?

The next meetup will be WED March 19th. A full thread will come soon.

Offline pindan3

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 10:23:07 AM »
date noted!