Author Topic: What is FPF?  (Read 966 times)

Offline Greywolf

• Show Organizer
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
    • Free Play Services
What is FPF?
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:10:10 AM »
I believe some people have a misconception of what Free Play Florida is/will be for 2014. I've heard it both described as a merger of GameWarp and SPF, and I've also heard it described as the new SPF. In reality, neither one of these are true. I'll attempt to explain:

When we were planning SPF 2013, Leon and I became aware that we had hit a plateau both in how much we could fit in our current venue and how much we could "squeeze" into a pinball-only show. We both had visions of being the "California Extreme" of the eastcoast, but there was no way we were going to do that between the two of us. When Mick and Bill became available, we asked them to join our team and create something much larger to cater to both the arcade and console community. Brian has come back on board to handle all of our art needs, so if you dig the shirts and posters, you have him to thank. We have great visions for Free Play Florida in the years to come, and building upon the momentum of SPF will ensure our success.

GameWarp is still another show all on it's own, and if they were to announce a future date, our team would support them in any way we can. Our show is about community and games, and we aim to be a part of ANY related gathering in and around Florida. 2014 is gonna put Florida on the map as "THE" ultimate gaming vacation! Make sure you're a part of it!

The FPF team:
Donny, Leon, Mick, Bill, & Brian
72 Pins, 43 Vids, 3 EM gun games, Coke Vendo 110, Rowe & Rockola jukeboxes, Erie Digger, and 1 novelty redemption piece.

Moving games throughout Florida for the collector community.

Free Play Florida

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: What is FPF?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:48:24 AM »
I agree it is a little confusing.

We are out in Colorado meeting lots of tourney players and it is hard to explain to these players from all over the states and world what happened to the Southern Pinball Festival which was a PAPA circuit event, and that there still is a PAPA circuit event in Orlando in November. 

In a few years Free Play Florida will be solid on the pinball map. 

Best success to you guys and we will be there.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend