Author Topic: Monthly Replay Tournament  (Read 7110 times)

Offline owlnonymous

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
Monthly Replay Tournament
« on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »
Would you guys be interested in meeting up at Replay for a monthly tournament? Would the 3rd Sunday of every month work for everyone? I was thinking  I would like a different format, than our Octave night. Possibly match play

This could be an IFPA event, although after the near year, monthly league points are going down to dismal points. Shall we keep the social at Octave? I enjoy them, and I know a few of you guys do to.

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline getyourselfahotdog

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Monthly Replay Tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »
I love the idea of a regular tourney at Replay, count me in!😄

Offline bobbzillah

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Not last!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »
Works for me. We need a location for sure due to octaves eventual closure.

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »
Monthly Tourney at Replay on 3rd Sunday works.

Would that move the social meet up at Octave to 1st Wednesday?
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7

Offline ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:26:30 AM »
I will try to make it out if I can but weekends are hard for me to commit to.  If you have too many events then it will start to fracture the group, 3+ pinball meetups a month is too much pinball for me.

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »
I will try to make it out if I can but weekends are hard for me to commit to.  If you have too many events then it will start to fracture the group, 3+ pinball meetups a month is too much pinball for me.

I would agree, despite not actually being a pinball player, you do run the risk of spreading the whole thing too thin, and interest could dwindle, I would suggest maybe having the main event once a month at Replay, not only you are supporting a very good cause of helping the Museum, has a great line of games and whilst your there can help Brian with any fixes on games :D

then maybe a social event elsewhere but too many is a bad thing IMO

FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »
Just wondering.....would the 13.50 still apply? . I personally don't have a problem with that. But I'm sure some do if thats once a month.
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline micksimmonds

• FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »
Just wondering.....would the 13.50 still apply? . I personally don't have a problem with that. But I'm sure some do if thats once a month.

but if the games are then free to play? and more games to play, isnt the $13 bucks worth it to support a good cause ? ??? ???
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline pindan3

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
And one other thing..............like Rat , and Mick says be careful of burnout! Before I became familiar with this group, I was involved with a now disbanded Sarasota group. We rotated every Thurs night. there was 5 of us. It was great for about a 10 months. Then the burn out happened. Believe it or not these guys are still around, and have their games today! But we never meet up anymore! and we don't talk much anymore either! And they don't associate with anyone anymore . I have even tried to get them to check out all the things that are going on out there. But they are just satisfied keeping their collections to themselves. Oh well.......... ???
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline pindan3

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
I AGREE ON the GOOD Cause!!!!! I REALLY DO!!!...........but will the others?????

Offline owlnonymous

• BEWARE, OWL LIVES!
    • Owlnonymous: Pinball and Arcade Streaming
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
Maybe we should move to 1st SUN Replay Tournament, and a 3rd WED Social at Octave (until they close).

PINS: White Water, Radical, Mousin' Around, Sorcerer, The Machine: Bride of Pin·bot, Spectrum, Paragon
WTB: Nine Ball, Argosy, Prospector, Andromeda, Cosmic Gunfight
TWITCH: http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Offline pindan3

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
I'm out of the loop..........whats up with Octave??? I thought it was doing a good business?

Offline ratsflif

• All your base
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
I'm out of the loop..........whats up with Octave??? I thought it was doing a good business?

Just Owl starting more gossip, just like the pins being removed from Fubar... which didn't happen.  Lets not make issues out of things that may or may not happen, and just work with what we have.

Offline Baiter

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

Most on-location pinball machines require $0.50-.75/game.  In the course of a tournament/league or a couple hours of play, it's pretty easy to use up that many quarters, and FAR cheaper than owning all those games!!
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline getyourselfahotdog

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
Baiter brings up a good point, a one time fee with all the games on free play is nothing . If you were playing per game you would go through that very quickly.We are lucky to live so close to a place like Replay and we need to get active as a group and utilize this 5 star facility. 😄