Author Topic: Going through old DVDRs - Found this  (Read 1142 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Going through old DVDRs - Found this
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »

Back in "the day" you couldn't upload pics to eBay, you had to link to your own hosted image. This was long before free image hosting sites existed so you had to have your own web host really which was kind of rare.

I had a shell account so I had a 10mb space so I had pics. People liked to 'steal' them by hot linking my ebay pics into their ebay ads which were obviously for the same item at sale at the same time (ie in direct competition).. so you can see how much of a dick move this was.

Once my item ended I'd simply replace the image causing their ad to change as well. Back then you couldn't revise your item so hilarity ensued.

This is one of them.. I think i had a few Hitler Youth variants as well.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
Re: Going through old DVDRs - Found this
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »
i did the same thing on a camcorder i sold, someone hot linked it, and i swaped out the images for a busted up camcorder and bought the item for $10 , and then flipped it for $100 :)

https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
Those were great, thanks for sharing.    ;D

Offline stf

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 11:49:44 PM »
Pretty ironic to highjack this particular thread  ;D

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »
however. people have realized that it will likely be too late if they don’t do whatever to prevent matters from getting worse. for instance, there's an “earth hour” on a saturday of march of every year. it's far a global movement, typically it lasts from eight:30pm to 9:30pm.
xxx if you prepare dinner meals at domestic, you have got greater control over the ingredients. you can use margarine as opposed to butter for your potatoes, or no longer placed a lot cheese on pinnacle of your pizza. at domestic, you could manipulate your portion size. you can serve your self as low as you want. in a restaurant, you can eat a complete plate of food "due to the fact you paid for it".
CLICK HERE TO SEE SHEEPS IN DISTRESS

i've got a movement you can chew on :)

***CHAD Approved***

WTB:  HotDoggin'