Author Topic: FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES Info Page for IFPA/SCS Players  (Read 40201 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES Info Page for IFPA/SCS Players
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:20:48 AM »
Welcome! You are on the FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES info page.

NOTE: This is a unique division of FLiPS distinctly separate from the private FLiPS Membership.   Participation in FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES is not a guarantee of a specific membership level in FLiPS, nor are FLiPS Members or Prospects required to be part of FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES.

Please read the FAQ section of FLiPS for new changes effective January 1, 2016. 

Any questions please contact Jeff Palmer (pinballcorpse) via PM on this site. 

What is this new division?

The FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES consists of IFPA ranked players (www.ifpapinball.com) who over the most recent 12 months have demonstrated their support of FLiPS by wearing official FLiPS apparel while participating in IFPA tourneys in Florida.

The purpose of the FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES is to show pride in our pinball club and encourage more participation in competitive pinball at IFPA events in Florida and the State Championship Series (SCS).

Our motto:

"We play more pinball in one tournament than most people play in their lifetime"

These conditions MUST be met to be part of the FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES:

1) Your name must appear on the IFPA website in the most current SCS standings for Florida. (It's easy! For as little as $5 at most IFPA tourneys, you can play one tourney game and your name would be part of the ranking system.)

2) You must provide or post a photo of yourself in an official FLiPS shirt at an IFPA tourney anywhere in Florida. (If you need or want an official FLiPS shirt, please send a PM)

That's it.  Very simple. 

What if I live out of state and play in Florida tourneys.  Can I be part of the FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES

The IFPA has no rule about residency and the SCS.

Philosophically, a FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES player should mostly reside in Florida. Most competitors want the people battling it out for the SCS to live in the same state where they would potentially win the trophy.

-------------------------------
Ok, what do I do now?

For the any particular SCS season, players have until December 31 to get involved and submit or post a photo in their FLiPS shirt at a tourney. 

Go to  www.ifpapinball.com  for a list of upcoming tourneys which are open to ANYONE.  You can also find your state ranking under the IFPA Championship Series Tab.

Look for other Florida Tournament Pinball happenings on Facebook. 

Support competitive pinball in Florida!

-----------------------------

FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES members as of January 1, 2017

Will your name be on this list? Don't die wondering...proudly put on your FLiPS shirt and get out there and compete!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:16:42 AM by pinballcorpse »
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline pinballcorpse

Re: FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES Info Page for IFPA/SCS Players
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:15:48 AM »
Here is the FLiPS Special Forces Players list for the year ending 2015.  Those who are in the official IFPA top 16 for the 2015 Florida SCS are bold and marked with a **

For a complete list of all Florida players and rankings, and tournaments played in, visit:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/custom_view.php?id=85

Thank you for wearing your FLiPS shirt and supporting competitive pinball in Florida!

If you think your name should be on this list, please provide a picture of you playing at an IFPA tourney wearing a FLiPS shirt.

FLiPS SPECIAL FORCES 2015

Sebastian Bobbio **
Dan Busha
Mark Brumet
Joel Cohen
Brian Dominy **
Ron Donohue **
Eric Francis
Marcel Gonzalez
Dean Hardy
Denise Hardy
Eric Leon
Jeanine Leon
Howard Levine
Dilayla Lima
Curly LSOG
Adam Mandelbloom
Tatiana Mora
Frank Noge
Atticus Palmer **
Jeff Palmer **
Nancy Palmer
Carlos Porta **
Eric Rodriguez
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:44:20 AM by pinballcorpse »
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:51:46 AM »
The list has been revised to add Carlos Porta to the official top 16 in the SCS in Florida.  The results of the Pinball Lounge Tourney recently posted, and Carlos moved up to 15th in the SCS with his 3rd place finish earning him 7.83 points. 

Good Job!

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »
The list has been revised to add Carlos Porta to the official top 16 in the SCS in Florida.  The results of the Pinball Lounge Tourney recently posted, and Carlos moved up to 15th in the SCS with his 3rd place finish earning him 7.83 points. 

Good Job!
Very Great news, Carlos is a great player and can be called that rightfully so,  I see the Initials everywhere !!!

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
Very Great news, Carlos is a great player and can be called that rightfully so,  I see the Initials everywhere !!!

Agreed! There are lots of very solid players in FLiPS and I would love to see them compete more. Wink, hint, nudge :)

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »
FYI

To those players in the 2015 SCS for Florida, Donny has sent out email notifications for registration. Make sure to respond to him by January 17 if you are participating.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 09:37:38 AM »
FLiPS is proud to announce we have 7 players representing our club at the SCS on February 13, 2016.

Here are the representatives:

Seed/FLiPS Player

1 Sebastian Bobbio
2 Jeff Palmer
3 Atticus Palmer
6 Ron Donohue
8 Brian Dominy
9 Carlos Porta
12 Joel Cohen

Offline hoosierthirteen

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Just a guy who loves pinball
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
Carried the FliPS banner this weekend at the TBPL event at the Replay Museum....putting lots of miles on the car and meeting pinballers all over the state. Capped this from the stream of the Walking Dead tournament....
Current Pins : Hobbit LE, Game of Thrones
Past Pins : Star Trek (Premium), Ghostbusters, World Poker Tour, NASCAR, Terminator 3, Phantom of the Opera, Lethal Weapon 3, Hurricane, X Files, Fire! (Champagne Edition), Cyclone, Jokerz!, Riverboat Gambler, Rollergames, Big Guns, F-14 Tomcat, Bally Game Show, Gold Wings, Black Pyramid, Kings of Steel, Six Million Dollar Man, Big Indian, Jungle Queen, Bronco, Stampede, OXO, Toledo

Offline k7

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »
nice, dan.  :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »
Cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Mando

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:57 PM »
I will join the forces at APE! :-) Who will take my photo :P

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 08:44:51 PM »
Nice!

A selfie at the tourney bank will work also.  I'll know if you really played in the tourney or not ;)

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 10:25:56 PM »
I'll play not sure how many games but I'll play :)

I'd really like to play in more tourneys I just have too many darn hobbies!

If you just play *one single game*, (not even a full entry) you are part of the tourney :)

My wife usually plays exactly one full entry (one play on each game) just to say we competed as a family. It doesn't take her long and it doesn't cost much and she is 99th in the state :)

She's even finished higher in some tourneys against some well known players.

There is this myth that some people think tourney players HAVE to camp out in the tourney area and will miss the show.  Play your games early, get it over with and you can have plenty of fun doing other things without camping out. If you qualify great, if not, you still can say you competed. Win-win.

Offline pinballcorpse

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
Here is a great start for 2016.  Seven FLiPS members at the SCS.

Offline TronJeremy

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
Cohen and Bowen!