Author Topic: **2016 Freeplay Florida Update** Guest announcement, dates, mailing list!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
The 2016 Freeplay Florida event is on it's way!  I wanted to take a moment to post some of the early details of the show and let you all know we are in full show mode getting ready for this November!!  8)

Freeplay Florida is officially scheduled to be at Doubletree Sea World Nov. 11-13th!  This date is moved up one week from the years prior so please take note!  In a few months we will post that we have the online passkey available for you to book your rooms!  If you are using Hilton points, you will need to call the hotel directly.  Just let them know you are with our group and they should get you all taken care of!  So until reservations go live with room reservations, mark your calendars and save the date!!! 

Also, we are starting a new mailing list!  This will give you up to the minute news and announcements about the show, special guests announcements, and show details as they are released.  The easiest way to sign up is to either contact us on Facebook, send us an email at contact@freeplayflorida.com or take one of our new show surveys.  We are interested in hearing what you have to say!  Our goal is to put on the best event possible so let us know what you think!  By filling out the survey, you will be asked if you would like to join the FPF mailing list.  The link for the survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GXR833V 
We look forward to hearing from you, it is important to us to get your feedback, so thank you in advance for filing it out!

Also, we have our first official guest announcement for 2016!  The famed artist Dirty Donny is scheduled to appear at this years event!  As a guest speaker as well as selling his amazing art, he will be on hand all weekend to sign your Stern Metallica items, answer your questions, and of course take selfies with you! ;D  He is the first of several special guest announcements, and we are stoked to have Dirty Donny on board! 

We have several other big announcements in the works including a star line-up of guests, show & tournament news, game-donation information, and show schedules, so sign up now!

Offline maltinej

• Level 3: Hologram
Cool!

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
While the current survey is meant to help us understand what people want in a  pinball tournament (and thanks for the great feedback and information so far, it helps immensely) there will be a few future surveys to gather everyone's feedback on what to do with the show floor itself, vip perks and a couple other things.  This event doesn't happen without the community so we are doing our best to make sure that all of you have an easy way to be heard in guiding what we do!

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
This year can you build the world's biggest Gorf? Or three?

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Game Collector
Maybe not Gorf, how about 4 way Reactor?  Gorf is so last year bruh.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
No!  It must be Gorf.  Gorf is this year,  all day,  all night,  all year,  every year!  Build it and they will come!

Offline HighProtein

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
Groovy, so it's happening the weekend prior to IAAPA,
it'll be neat to experience IAAPA at the start instead of the end then.
5star:SMB/Rastan
Bmac:CruisinW
DicksOp:PacCocktail,MVC,AREA51,CENTIPEDE,BAGS&TROG
DicksNocatee:TMNT
DicksYulee:NoFear,Contra&MK2
Keg:Ven,JP,DP,GZ,SW,TMNT,Foo,19xx,CrazyTaxi,Tekken5,SF2,SMB,MVC2,NBAjam,PopNmusic,RevX,Tetris&UMK3 / JusticePub:BigHouse,Gladiators,Mario,SF2,SF2NC,Tekken5,Pac,Simpsons&SMB / JRseafood: Multicade&SMB / Players1:STH,TMNT,WCS&TMNT / Players2:DP / Players3:NF / Sneaker:Klax,SS / Soupa:MVC / S.O.P.:Galaga,Pac,&SW / SunRayCinema:Genesis,Deathstalker&SMB
VGR:Area51,CrazyTaxi,H.O.D.SFA3,SF2&WildRiders /
Walrus:PAC,SMB&TT

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Game Collector
Today's email has been sent!  Again if you want to be part of the list send an email to contact@freeplayflorida.com and we'll add you!

Offline RavagedUnicorn

• Level 1: Arrival
I remember last year John, from John's Arcade was listed on the FPF page as a guest speaker. Was pretty excited about it, but then later he was removed and when I asked him about it he said it would have been too close to Thanksgiving (family plans). This year FPF is scheduled a bit earlier. Any talks with John for 2016?

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Game Collector
Yea, I'd love to get John down here.  Not giving up just yet :)

Offline lennongville

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
Hi, I sent an email to the address listed above and received an error message. I used Gmail. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
Can you PM me the error message you received.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline TimothyC

Hi, I sent an email to the address listed above and received an error message. I used Gmail. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I just sent an email from my juno account and in the event of an error I'll forward it... 

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
Your all set Timothy! 8)

Offline TimothyC

Your all set Timothy! 8)
Thanks Leon. 

Hammy the email did send back an error.  I'll PM you the info.