Author Topic: *** FPF16 - Let's Talk Pinball!  (Read 3174 times)

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
*** FPF16 - Let's Talk Pinball!
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »
Free Play Florida is proud to present the 2016 FPF Pinball Tournaments!

We listened to your ideas and recommendations and you’re going to love this year’s IFPA sanctioned pinball tournaments at Free Play Florida!  First we would like to proudly introduce 2016 FPF Pinball Tournament Directors, Dan Spolar and John Ilgenfritz.

Dan has been involved in the Florida pinball scene for over a decade, helping found the Pinball Asylum in sunny Naples Florida, as well as producing top notch pinball tournaments across the state.

John brings with him a wealth of knowledge in the area of pinball setup and repair as well as years of tournament and collecting experience. 

We are excited and proud to have them on board to direct this year’s pinball tournaments, so please send them a message of congratulations and a warm welcome to the show!'

Here are some of this year’s Tournament details:

• Over 1800 square feet of private tournament playing space just off the main show hall!
  • Pinball player’s lounge-style seating including sofas and tables to relax and recoup for your next game!!
  • WPPR Points and IFPA sanctioned!
  • Live score updates on flat screens and via your smartphone or tablet!
  • The latest DTM tournament software with queue management!
  • Bank of 8 games for the Main tournament!
  • Bank of 5 games for the Classics tournament!
  • Frequent prize pool updates as the pot grows!

Thanks to your survey responses we have made strides to bring to you the best pinball tournament in the south east.  So get your flipper fingers loose because the 2016 FPF pinball tournaments are going to be AWESOME!

Lastly, a great tourney needs great volunteers!  Please let us know if you are interested in lending a hand!

Offline Miracleman

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: *** FPF16 - Let's Talk Pinball!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:13:32 PM »
Sounds GREAT!
I will be there!

Offline doghouse

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • www.PinballAsylum.com
    • www.pinballasylum.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »
Can't wait.
When in Fort Myers, visit The Pinball Asylum..."A Nice Place To Play Pinball."

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 10:59:06 AM »
The FPF/SPF tourney represents the flagship of Florida pinball tourneys.  This is not a slight against any of the other great tourneys in Florida, but it is indisputable that FPF/SPF has consistently drawn in the best pinball players year after year and showcased incredible talent.  No other tournament in Florida offers this many WPPR points or the opportunity for locals to play with world class players in our own back yard. 

While it is known that this year FPF will not be a PAPA circuit event,  this tourney will still draw in top players from Florida and around the USA. Circuit voting will come back around and I suspect FPF will get back on the Circuit very soon. Many players enjoy coming to Florida and they also know there is great competition in our state. 

FPF will also be the last major opportunity for Florida players to gain maximum points toward one of the coveted 16 spots for the Florida State Championships.  So the qualifying competition will be intense jockeying for every possible fraction of a point.

I appreciate that John, Dan and the FPF organizers are working hard to carry on the tradition of the SPF/FPF tournaments.  I also want to thank Donny as well for all of his hard work on this tourney in the prior years. 

Looking forward to seeing and competing with everyone in a few months.

Support Florida Pinball !
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline the architect

• Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 02:34:09 PM »
It's nice to finally get some recognition as an entity from show organizers. There have been times where I felt like we were more of a burden on the show itself. It does take a large amount of time and effort to put on a large tournament like this without a hitch.

I am happy that john/Dan are up to the task, and am confedent that they will exceed expectations. With they're recent success in the ape tournament I feel as though they would expect nothing less of themselves.

I would like to plug Donny as well for holding the torch for so long and being a good sport during the transition. It's a lot to ask of a single individual. while I personally have had my frustrations with the way things have been done surrounding tournaments in general, I would rather there be something opposed to nothing. For that I, and many others are very grateful.
Jumping jack, rush pro, argosy,

On loan- LUCKY HAND

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 03:06:44 AM »
<Pinball player’s lounge-style seating including sofas and tables to relax and recoup for your next game!!>

I know a few companies that do nice furniture rentals (couches, chairs, tables, etc... Fancy or basic) for special events, lmk if needed

Offline Miracleman

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
I believe couches will be provided by the hotel, an idea originally planned for SPF2 !
Looking forward to hogging a whole couch :)

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
Nick wanted to be in the tournament this year but I did not see a registration. Do we have an itinerary for the tournament and are there registration fees?
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline sudsy7

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 08:15:45 PM »
Looks like Doubletree is already booked up at the FPF rate for 2016.  I guess I will start looking at rooms for FPF 2017!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:19:07 PM by sudsy7 »

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 10:00:20 AM »
Nick wanted to be in the tournament this year but I did not see a registration. Do we have an itinerary for the tournament and are there registration fees?

Pin Tournament details are very close to being posted!  Keep looking here, the web, FB, or sign up for our fantastically delicious mailers(email us at contact@freeplayflorida.com)

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
Looks like Doubletree is already booked up at the FPF rate for 2016.  I guess I will start looking at rooms for FPF 2017!

We are not sold out, but I will tell you that the last meeting we had with the hotel last week shed some light on how booked we are.  Email me your dates and I will ask them to open up more.  More than likely the dates sold out are what they call 'curtain' dates, these are the days before and after the show.  Sometimes it takes a little pushing to get the sales office to keep track of the rooms up front.  They open parts of the room-block in series, so sometimes people book before they can replenish the block.  I hope that explains it a bit.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 10:38:27 AM »

Historically at SPF/FPF, there is no registration, it is truly an open event. After paying to enter the show, the tourney is pay per play, usually 3 games for $10, try to put up the best possible score on each game in a bank of 5 games. Top score on a game receives 100, then 90, 85, 84 etc.   Highest possible composite score on 5 games is 500. Top 16 advance to finals.

Two separate tourneys: main and classics, both operating similarly.

Again, that is traditionally what has happened and should not be considered official.
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
We are not sold out, but I will tell you that the last meeting we had with the hotel last week shed some light on how booked we are.  Email me your dates and I will ask them to open up more.  More than likely the dates sold out are what they call 'curtain' dates, these are the days before and after the show.  Sometimes it takes a little pushing to get the sales office to keep track of the rooms up front.  They open parts of the room-block in series, so sometimes people book before they can replenish the block.  I hope that explains it a bit.

OK, more curtain dates have been added!  Book away while you can, the entire block is going very fast!  Thanks for supporting the show guys, booking at the show hotel really helps the show in many ways in doing business with them!

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
looking foreward to this show again! One day I will make it a weekend event! But for now I can only make it on Friday. see you then!
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN