Author Topic: Thank you Ron D. and family!  (Read 792 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Thank you Ron D. and family!
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »
Excellent event at Ron's FLiPS open house!

As always, the accommodations were superb.  Plenty of food, drinks, pins and people.  I think the count was near 80. Amazing!

Ron and his family go above and beyond each year and it is greatly appreciated.  I know there are lots of people working behind the scenes to make this an enjoyable event for the community. Thank you all !

This was the first time a FLiPS event had incorporated an IFPA tourney into the mix.  The turnout was absolutely incredible-over 50 people played in this 3 strikes event.  I think people are going to be shocked and delighted at how many points this will generate.  Incredible for a 6 hour tourney. Thanks to Brian Dominy for running the event.

Congrats to the final 4

1 Eric Stone
2 Martin Ayub
3 Eric Leon
4 Marcel Gonzalez

The complete results are posted below. IFPA points coming soon :)

Results:

https://matchplay.events/live/7nd0/standings

Well done, everyone!

There were several side tourneys and a kids event-I'm sorry I did not catch all the results-hopefully someone recorded them and chimes in.  Who was SuperGrover?

There was a special surprise game appearance featuring Rob Zombie!  Very cool to try this game out. 

As the evening winded down, there were several side competitions going on-

The quest for Do or Die Multiball on Iron Man
The quest for the Royal Madness Extra ball on Medieval Madness
The quest for 13 cards on Sweethearts

Carlos, Dominy and I joined the club on MM, and despite money sitting on the table, nobody was close on IM.  Personally, I stayed away from IM.  I can torture myself at home. 

As usual the evening winded up with a line of people playing Sweet Hearts.  So much fun.  I left one card lit numerous times-with Donny in the background trying to call which card I would leave hanging. Thanks buddy! :)

Thanks again to Ron and family, and it was a pleasure spending time at the Beast's Lair.

-Jeff

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:40:02 PM by pinballcorpse »
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline maltinej

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: Thank you Ron D. and family!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
Yesterday's event was amazing! Thanks Ron for EVERYTHING you do!

Some pics:
http://imgur.com/a/v9gnz

Offline nggmd

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: Thank you Ron D. and family!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »
Wife and I had a great time meeting and mingling.....

Thanks to Ron and his family

Neil