Author Topic: Last Concert You've Seen?  (Read 18327 times)

Offline notime2play

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Last Concert You've Seen?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2022, 10:20:03 AM »
Been a dead topic for awhile. Godsmack in Tampa last night still f ing rocking,  Been a long two and a half years. Some best memories ever!

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2022, 03:04:57 PM »
dead topic cuz they shut it all down. back to banging heads in person, but bring disinfectant/hand sanitizer. :P
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2022, 03:55:14 PM »
Right now I’m sitting front and center waiting for Kansas tonight.

Offline RussG

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2022, 03:43:37 AM »
How was Kansas?

Offline k7

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »
How was Kansas?

dry and tornado-ey. 8)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline HFK

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2022, 09:45:14 AM »
How was Kansas?

They were good but I don't think I'd see them again. They put on a good show and sounded good but too good. Some of the music and vocals were tracks, not actual live music and singing.

They had the front row moved back about 15 feet from where it normally is and since we got there so early we got to see the whole show being set up which included them playing the backing tracks and getting the sound levels right. They were also playing with all the mics so they cut in and out properly. Every song sounded exactly like it did on the albums which some might like but not me.

When they were breaking everything down one roadie got all he picks off the mic stands and some people were asking for one and he said they can't give anything out for legal reasons and the same when they were pulling up the set-lists. The drummer even made sure to throw his sticks off the back of the stage instead of to the crowd. An officer working security was even saying he had never heard that before. The last few shows we saw they were tossing out so many picks we were giving them away to anyone who didn't get one and we have a stack of set-lists from other groups.

The last few weeks we also saw Air Supply which my wife really wanted to and they put on a really good show, same with .38 Special. We have also seen some phenomenal cover bands this year that I would rank above Kansas.

Offline RussG

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2022, 10:43:05 PM »
They were good but I don't think I'd see them again. They put on a good show and sounded good but too good. Some of the music and vocals were tracks, not actual live music and singing.

They had the front row moved back about 15 feet from where it normally is and since we got there so early we got to see the whole show being set up which included them playing the backing tracks and getting the sound levels right. They were also playing with all the mics so they cut in and out properly. Every song sounded exactly like it did on the albums which some might like but not me.

When they were breaking everything down one roadie got all he picks off the mic stands and some people were asking for one and he said they can't give anything out for legal reasons and the same when they were pulling up the set-lists. The drummer even made sure to throw his sticks off the back of the stage instead of to the crowd. An officer working security was even saying he had never heard that before. The last few shows we saw they were tossing out so many picks we were giving them away to anyone who didn't get one and we have a stack of set-lists from other groups.

The last few weeks we also saw Air Supply which my wife really wanted to and they put on a really good show, same with .38 Special. We have also seen some phenomenal cover bands this year that I would rank above Kansas.

That's unbelievable.  Well.....maybe not.

I am there with you I'd be upset too.  Too sterile and actually deceptive.
I would be upset too.

Offline HFK

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2022, 11:46:16 PM »
This Friday Doobie Brothers with Michael Mcdonald in Tampa. Really looking forward to this one.

Offline HFK

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2022, 11:53:30 PM »
This Friday Doobie Brothers with Michael Mcdonald in Tampa. Really looking forward to this one.

And just got an email it has been rescheduled to Wednesday July 20. This concert was already rescheduled from last year. Now instead of Friday night it will be Wednesday. I had a  lot more to say but I'll stop because nobody would care but damn this pisses me off, especially 3 days before the show.

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2022, 09:47:27 AM »
Loverboy/Styx/REO Speedwagon last night in Tampa.  I wasn't a big fan growing up (much more into Rock/Metal), but I knew the majority of the songs.  The show was great.

Loverboy- Singer Mike Reno is now huge.  Drummer still looks like he is stroking-out with the facial gestures.
Styx - Awesome setlist, and the sound was spot on.  Dennis DeYoung was not missed. (I studied this week, and watched "Styx - Behind the Music :))
REO Speedwagon - Pretty good.  Singing accuracy was not as spot on as Styx, and it could've done without the seemed-to-goes-on-forever "Like You Do" song.  Bass player looks like he is about 80.

I think Styx should've played last, as they seemed to have more energy, as did the crowd.  But all-in-all, great show and I'm glad we went.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline HFK

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2022, 10:56:34 AM »
I though Styx was the headliner but it turned out REO was. The crowd was definitely more into Styx but it was still a great show. I've seen Dennis DeYoung a few times and he still puts on one hell of a show too. It's a shame they can't get along. Never thought I'd see Tommy Shaw willingly do Mr. Roboto.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2022, 11:40:13 AM »
Never thought I'd see Tommy Shaw willingly do Mr. Roboto.
Agreed.  And I wish I didn't have to witness it.  :)
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2022, 07:45:27 PM »
Joan Jett/Poison/Def Leppard/Motley Crue - Nationals Park in Washington DC last Wednesday.

Missed Joan Jet, and only saw half the Poison Set.  Horrible weather - Def Leppard called their set 2 songs early due to heavy rain.  Show postponed for over an hour, with many people leaving.  But Motley Crue did eventually come out and played in the rain.  Tommy Lee has some broken ribs and played about 4 songs.  And Vince Neil did his best to sing, although unintelligible and and a few songs pretty off key.

Similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdQnZLEWNo

All-in-all it was a good time.  Especially after waiting 2+ years with all the reschedules (tickets purchased pre-covid)

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2022, 12:29:23 PM »
Kraftwerk.. Last Wednesday :D
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline RussG

« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2022, 01:32:51 PM »
Kraftwerk.. Last Wednesday :D

Oh God how was that!?

I'd love to see them.