Author Topic: 2003 mini cooper 5 speed - $2200.00 - boynton beach  (Read 1887 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
2003 mini cooper 5 speed - $2200.00 - boynton beach
« on: August 15, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »
mine. will let it go to a villager for $2200. not really a pin hauler, but you get creative, you'll get it in there. :)

i've had my fun with it. have spent $300ish just replacing external moldings that were missing for whatever reason. comes with extras, too.

the only issue it has, is it may grind 2nd until you get used to time the shifts. i don't grind it when i drive it. weird british close range ratios, and there's a cable you can replace, but not worth doing in my opinion...i'd drive this to cali tomorrow. i replaced the fluid in the tranny with MTL-90, did an oil change, radiator flush, fresh german power steering fluid, all the basics. great cd/mp3/usb soundstream radio with upgraded speakers.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/d/mini-cooper-5-speed-manual/6641243124.html

i keep my lithuania plate.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:42:22 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: 2003 mini cooper 5 speed - $2200.00 - boynton beach
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
I had a decked out 2004 Cooper S I bought brand new and drove for 7 years and loved it.
They're solid cars.

Great villager! Deal with confidence!

Offline k7

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:14 PM »
thanks. :)

dropped the price a lot because of 1 POS off of craigslist, who's lack of intelligence helped my desire to not sell to offerUp or CL piece of xxxxs. ;)

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:24 PM »
thats tempting, a lot of ride for not a lot of money. at that price you could drive it for a couple of years , leave your number one vehicle at home so it doesnt rack up commuter miles! AND the seller is a honest guy! If yo even think this car might be for you , at least go look at it, might be just the fit you need. plus you might get a shot at K7's pins!
 and I have a package for you that continues riding around on my front seat till I get to the Post Office. 
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline viking1

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »
That's a cute little bugger! I'm tempted, but I am still holding out for a Messershmidt Microcar  8)
Past Pins (all Gottlieb EM's): Scuba, Mini Cycle, Out of Sight, Sky Jump, Fast Draw, Royal Flush, Pioneer, Jet Spin, Jungle, Mustang, Bronco, Fun Land, Paul Bunyan, 300

Wish List: Gottlieb Wedgeheads: 2001, El Dorado, Atlantis, Strange World, Jacks Open, Space Orbit, Rock Star, Centigrade 37.  Others:  Gemini, Target Alpha, Mars Trek, Black Sheep Squadron

Offline Weeze

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 02:03:25 PM »
I must say, I respect your desire to own german cars!
 that mini is a multi country build with a lot of BMW in the drivetrain!
It definately ranks as das Krautwagen with its der beep beepin and los non oilen sputin!
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.

Offline k7

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:36:59 PM »
unlike most 10 year old BMWs, the electronics work in this one. :) i know it's actually british built, threw me off that i had to buy power steering fluid from germany :o

it does need that cable i spoke of, but for the sell price i stuck it at, i'm not doing it.

you pop the hood from the passenger seat.

brits used reverse torqs hold everything together.

if i own it much longer, i'm putting coilovers on it and slamming it to the floor. ;D

Offline Weeze

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
yeah the electronics fiasco has been going on with BMW for quite a few years actually. I dont knw the problem like "god bless Lucas" but its been a concern even in the world f SCCA racing. Hasnt stopped anyone from racing minis though.
Somebody should buy this, do a little work, maybe a littel suspension stuff and then take it to autocross or those "club" noghts SCCA puts on at Palm Beach Raceway. Dont even have to have a license to arrive and after a quick tech, go out on the track and do some laps.
 good luck with the sale!
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline k7

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
thanks for the bally manual, weeze.  ;D  and the cooper is sold.  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:43:37 PM by k7 »

Offline RussG

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
Chris did a villager buy it or outside sale?

That was a nice deal for someone.

Offline Weeze

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »
because my 911 has reached prece levels, Im going to give it to my nephew since I no longer do track days with it. Have to admit, if the 911 had already left wjust might be tempted to slide that mini into the garage. like you said do some minor suspension work and get some good tires and go track it.
 your welcome on the Bally manual.
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline k7

Re: 2003 mini cooper 5 speed - $22000.00 - boynton beach
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
because my 911 has reached prece levels, Im going to give it to my nephew since I no longer do track days with it. Have to admit, if the 911 had already left wjust might be tempted to slide that mini into the garage. like you said do some minor suspension work and get some good tires and go track it.
 your welcome on the Bally manual.

sell ME your 911. :) i still love the porsche market.

a villager is working on getting the mini.  :)

Offline k7

Re: 2003 mini cooper 5 speed - not for sale
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2022, 11:44:30 PM »
if i own it much longer, i'm putting coilovers on it and slamming it to the floor. ;D

well, it came full circle back to me. and i tell you...mini coopers suck, as far as their bolts are concerned. :P

but i coilover'd the damm little thing. and proceeded to tear apart my passenger drive axle. oh, well. lesson learned. :(

mini-cooper-driver-side" border="0
mini-drive-3" border="0

Offline RussG

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 08:59:51 AM »
Very cool Chris!