Author Topic: Caribe Royal - bug bites?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Caribe Royal - bug bites?
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »
Odd topic, but since the Caribe Royal, has anyone noticed any small mosquito-like bites that itch like a mofo?
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Caribe Royal - bug bites?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »
Wtf!?  You can't be serious.

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »
BED BUGS!??!

But really, I am fine. I would highly suggest you reach out to them with your room number. It is likely that you could have walked through a flock of no see ums. I hope all is well!

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »
Yeah- all over from neck to ankles.
Itching is tremendous.  No see ums generally hurt when getting bit, which I felt nothing.

Thinking bed bugs,  but not sure
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »
Geez, that's not good.  Hope it's isolated what ever floor you was on.  Better recheck your personals and rewash everything in hot water, just in case. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »
I would contact the hotel guest services and let them know to check the room, this is the only occurrence i have heard of.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 08:45:31 PM »
I was on the ninth floor. No bugs.
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Offline notime2play

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
Fleas? Nothing at this hotel for me, but last stay somewhere had to move out of room cause of fleas.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
crabs?
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
Update:  After some contact with management on Saturday, we had a call this afternoon.  They had a 3rd party pest inspection company come out on Saturday after locking down the room (Building 2, 9th floor).  The report came back negative.  From their standpoint, backed by the report, the bites couldn't have come from the room.  From my standpoint- I have about 40 bites... yes, about 40.  In researching photos for bed bug bites on WebMD, etc, I could be used as their poster child.  Since this is the only hotel I've stayed in since mid-October, my standpoint is they had to come from there.  Everyone I've dealt with at the hotel has been very professional, called back when they said they would, etc.  They took the claim seriously.  I understand their position, and they understand mine-  Unfortunately our positions aren't in agreement.

I'm glad to hear nobody else had issues- I wouldn't wish this itching on anyone.

MM- Negative on the crabs.  I went swimming when I got home to drown them.  This is a cure I learned from a movie when I was a kid.  :o

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
MM- Negative on the crabs.  I went swimming when I got home to drown them.  This is a cure I learned from a movie when I was a kid.  :o

Thanks for the tip.

Filed away …
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 08:18:58 PM »
I think the movie was Porky's, or Fast Times At Ridgemont High, so YMMV

Offline SkyKing2301

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Rocket City Pinball
    • Rocket City Pinball
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »
I don't know what the final story was here (didn't see this thread til now), but I wanted to throw this out there -- what were you up to in the day or two BEFORE the bites started itching? 

Sounds like this could be chiggers. They're tiny mites whose bites don't appear until 24-48 hours later and they're INTENSLY itchy due to the physical damage they do. (Read up on it, super gross -- basically drilling into your skin, then liquifying your cells and drinking you up like juice.)  I had a friend visit in September, and we apparently got into some chiggers one day in grasses near the beach. About 36 hours later (the following night) while watching a movie, we both started getting itchy. Then during the night, we were both in agony -- I was awake most of the night, and he apparently bailed out of my guest room entirely and slept on the couch, convinced there were bugs in his bed. After doing some research, looking at the symptoms and timing, and noticing that our wives were unaffected (as they hadn't been in the grasses where he & I had been), everything added up to chiggers.

This sounds similar to your story, especially if the pest control folks didn't find anything.  Chiggers are evil, and I don't wish their torturous bites on anyone.