Author Topic: Posting Photos  (Read 639 times)

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Posting Photos
« on: April 10, 2020, 05:42:16 AM »
Really love this forum, layout, messaging, admin support, and really everything. Except for the VERY clunky way we must post photos. Still struggling with this and have to use another image database, remember more passwords, user id's, and exact methodology to post from that image base. By the time I want to post a photo again I must relearn the whole process. Even after messing a lot, photo never posted the way I expected or wanted. The only fool proof way is to email your photos to admin guys. K7 has been GREAT in supporting photo requests, but this has to be a time consuming imposition. Anyway, the SINGLE biggest improvement to this forum would be a very easy, simple, direct way to post photos here. Is there some software add on that could be bought to facilitate this? If so, I'm sure people would donate to make this happen. Very few, if any, people know how to effectively post photos. (At least seems to be the case as many users mention having trouble.) If I ever want to sell a pin here again I won't post a single photo. I will just post on Craigslist and provide a link, much easier. Bitch session over, please understand I really enjoy this forum and appreciate the dedicated support of those running it.
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline notime2play

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:18:52 AM »
+1 THANKS K7

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 08:35:49 AM »
i don't mind doing it. :)  the attachment option is turned off, it was creating "blank" posts.

here's the basic easiest method for 2020. post to https://imgbb.com/

upload your image (no password, no sign-in, no HTML code to decipher). just choose bbcode full link. it gives you a copy button. paste that code into your village post. click on the picture that shows on the village, and a new window pops up with a full size image.

every year there's a better pic host option. for 2020, i like imgbb.com.

as a side note, you can post on pinside or craigslist or eBay, and i'll steal and hyperlink the pictures right from their bandwidth. :)

i'm not an admin. you don't give the devil keys to the church's safe room.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline stf

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 08:43:02 AM »
i don't mind doing it. :)  the attachment option is turned off, it was creating "blank" posts.

here's the basic easiest method for 2020. post to https://imgbb.com/

upload your image (no password, no sign-in, no HTML code to decipher). just choose bbcode full link. it gives you a copy button. paste that code into your village post. click on the picture that shows on the village, and a new window pops up with a full size image.

every year there's a better pic host option. for 2020, i like imgbb.com.

as a side note, you can post on pinside or craigslist or eBay, and i'll steal and hyperlink the pictures right from their bandwidth. :)

i'm not an admin. you don't give the devil keys to the church's safe room.
I'm not sure i will be able to resist anymore. If there's one more K7 post of this Austin Power bg, i will have to buy it  ;D

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
Ive been using the IMGBB method that Chris suggested to me for months and its awesome!  But before then, yes, it was EXTREMELY painful to post pictures.

Offline PinPup

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 09:57:46 AM »
K7's method works great and is easy. Must process photos one at a time but method works! Great!
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 10:20:04 AM »
99.9999% of all my photos are already on photo.google.com so i just grab the link ..

i hate downloading and re-uploading to then just create a link to share.

https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline k7

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 11:42:08 AM »
K7's method works great and is easy. Must process photos one at a time but method works! Great!

If you hold the control key, you can select 50+ photos and upload them in one shot

then tap the copy link and it will copy all 50 photos in one shot for the hyperlink 😃

Google photos are a bit of a pain to hyperlink, and no resize option.

When I take pinside’s picture hosting dollar bandwidth, I have to find the right size picture that isn’t ridiculously large for the users screen.  In the page source, there’s usually three or four picture options for each picture uploaded

Two years ago I uploaded everything to tinypic… they became a headache, moved on to imgbb.  Another two years, it will be something else

The nice thing with pinside pics is that it defaults to the user’s resolution, and when you click on each pic, you can zoom in (if the picture taken is done in high-resolution)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline PinPup

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
Nice! If I have a lot to upload at once I will use my pc instead of phone.