Author Topic: VPN tip  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
VPN tip
« on: May 15, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »
If you use a VPN and it offers the "Wireguard" protocol (usually vs. "Open VPN") - try it.

I switched it on mine a few days ago and holy shit it's so much faster. With the standard Open VPN it added a lot of lag and I was only getting a portion of my normal (no VPN) download speeds. Worth it for the security, with torrents and such, but annoying. With Wiregaurd instead it's barely noticeably.

mioouioi11

Re: VPN tip
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 12:37:37 AM »
A desk: "Nicholas Tse," as long as you live for the day "." Obviously, the desk is a master of popular songs like the people. He must love Nicholas Tse, whether he liked the song or like him. Have their own favorite idols, of course, not a bad thing, the idol of the songs and names written on desks, every day, of course, be able to see the show, "Iron". Starchaser but it's too old-fashioned way, and no content, and their "culture desk" is not associated with, so I go under a desk.
voip phone

Offline littlewest

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I feel old...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:04:27 AM »
WTF is that spam response. my brain hurts.

Also, unpopular opinion, I don't use no freaking VPN. I ONLY use private trackers on torrents. VPNs are noticably slower, difficult to get working properly (not just working) and at the end of the day they can all be hacked at some point. flashback to NordVPN in 2019 https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/ .
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »
WTF is that spam response. my brain hurts.

Also, unpopular opinion, I don't use no freaking VPN. I ONLY use private trackers on torrents. VPNs are noticably slower, difficult to get working properly (not just working) and at the end of the day they can all be hacked at some point. flashback to NordVPN in 2019 https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/ .

+1, but I use SSL encrypted usenet.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 05:19:07 PM »
+1, but I use SSL encrypted usenet.

Is there stuff on Usenet again? It was great for a long time then it all dried up.

• It's showtime!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 09:32:13 PM »
Is there stuff on Usenet again? It was great for a long time then it all dried up.

Just like torrenting, it's all about the indexers. I've been exclusively usenet for a long time.

Offline littlewest

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I feel old...
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 11:46:45 AM »
Just like torrenting, it's all about the indexers. I've been exclusively usenet for a long time.

Bit embarrassed to say, but I tried to set all that stuff up, and could never get it to work correctly. and anything I was looking for I couldn't find. Do you just use it for specific things or do you have add ons that download batches, like Sonarr, couchpotato, etc.

I want to see if I could find the wall street journal on there, as I refuse to pay what they want. Also, Lock N Load and Mail Call with R. Lee. Ermy. also, terrible show but Rad Girls (Jackass spin off, cannot say just how bad it is.)
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

• It's showtime!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 01:23:39 PM »
Bit embarrassed to say, but I tried to set all that stuff up, and could never get it to work correctly. and anything I was looking for I couldn't find. Do you just use it for specific things or do you have add ons that download batches, like Sonarr, couchpotato, etc.

I want to see if I could find the wall street journal on there, as I refuse to pay what they want. Also, Lock N Load and Mail Call with R. Lee. Ermy. also, terrible show but Rad Girls (Jackass spin off, cannot say just how bad it is.)

I use Sonarr & Radarr to keep track of what I want and sync them to Plex. It works well with usenet, torrents, etc.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 01:13:04 AM »
i miss hidemyass.com  :(
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.